SOTD: Saturday 30 March - Friday 5 April 2024.

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Reggie's Razor- Jupiter
Blade: Astra Stainless (2)
Brush: Highlander TSR LE 2023 edition - AP Shave Co G5 knot
S Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Some razors are silent some are really loud in terms of audible feedback they provide whilst carrying out their whisker cutting duty. The Jupiter I think sits in the middle giving you just the right amount so you know what you're doing. It may well be the brass but the tone it's quite pleasing. Shame three passes got me where I needed to be as I would have liked it to play a bit more :)

Jupiter 3.jpg

Tuesday 2nd April

Soap • Stirling Orange Chill
Brush • DS Cosmetics 24mm Synbad
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Dorco Prime
Post • Stirling Orange Chill Splash & Balm

It was a balmy 13C in deepest Derbyshire this afternoon, so why not use a montholated soap?

Some razors are silent some are really loud in terms of audible feedback they provide whilst carrying out their whisker cutting duty. The Jupiter I think sits in the middle giving you just the right amount so you know what you're doing. It may well be the brass but the tone it's quite pleasing. Shame three passes got me where I needed to be as I would have liked it to play a bit more :)

View attachment 118931
Brilliant photo - 11/10

View attachment 118931

I'd like to add it is a fantastic photo.

Is the razor resting on an instrument of some kind? I'm not sure if it has 4 or 8 strings.

Artisinal April?

Tuesday 2nd April

AP1GczNfEjGRa5d4F64WTeJoPA665BPTrFzuJzocmAF4tcdtKJ7iK-DVne1bZ58xAGDGkjkb1CeiX243lx2W15nUPi4fG7Rwcg-VFe7rWdcJzIunBgRM5uKMGaV9gsEocTLlL1A2EZbyD0s5bVcixPFsZJSYZQ=w800

Wickham 1912 Gothic Revival & Semogue 1250 Pure Bristle
KCG w/Yaqi Tsuka Handle & StarMaXx SMP-100 Superior Platinum (1)
Wickham's Gothic Revival Aftershave

Switching over to the SilverMax, no ... EuroMax, no ... StarMaXx SMP-100 Superior Platinum and again, the self-same catalogue number as the EuroMax and SilverMax monikers. It's the same blade as the EuroMax, that's for sure! Same feeling, same behaviour which I think I wrote of the EuroMax that it put me in mind of the (Gillette) Winner ... if the sport was glass knuckle boxing!

It's sharp! It's not enormously smooth and those first few strokes are like a playful tiger with just a hint that it might scratch ... but doesn't. The shave was plain sailing and I seem to recall the second will be quite pleasant. The second pass was very nice, so that does bode well for the next shave with it. Still, it's a 7/10 for me which is my baseline but doubt I'd buy in any quantity given I have so many other blades that run at higher figures and a mostly unused box of 100 EuroMax single side blades.

Gothic Revival was grimly fiendish! I do wish Trumpers would sort themselves out ...

SOTD Tue 2 Apr 2024

Strange brew, shave
0819878A-3234-4AE8-B526-6981E7B925D8.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Soap - Knitsley Naturals handmade sandalwood shaving soap
Brush - DSCosmetic G7 Coffee
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Rapira Super Stainless (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - CK IN2U EDT

Last time I used this soap it was hard to get going (both making and keeping a decent lather). However as an experiment I added a splash of Nivea Pro Liquid Shaving Soap and what an improvement. Loads of thick, creamy, slick lather which lasted and lasted! Had a great shave using a new Rapira blade (quite liking these - just as well seeing as they were a LaBarbiera deal on 100). The various lotions and potions combined to leave my face feeling and smelling wonderful.

04A2C35C-9857-4BFD-A13F-9A62BCA73217.jpeg
I can’t think of anything to add, so I’m off back to sleep!
Oh, okay!

SOTD: 03/04/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!