SOTD: Saturday 30 March - Friday 5 April 2024.

SOTD: 02/04/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Prorazo Wood & Spice EdC

Enjoy your day!

Tue 2nd April

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
ER 1912 - Bathroom set
Gem S/S ( 3 )
Myrsol Antesol A/S Lotion

Now my facial skin problems have disappeared, I can have a break from the safe Shaves delivered by AC/SE Razors. Got the MWF spot on today, so with a good lather had a pleasant Shave with the 1912 with a top notch finish. Found an old bottle of Myrsol Antesol with a couple of applications in, a shame we cannot hold of it in UK, as it was one of my favourites.

IMG_0982.jpeg

It's a Monday, but not any old Monday, it's Easter Monday, and this new week of SOTD's started this past Saturday and I haven't posted Jack shit. So probably best I throw some kind of garbage together in the name of shave reporting and just to let the world know I haven't grown an Easter beard. I was planning that for this next Christmas.

So here we have my last 2 shaves as idleitis set in last night and gave my face a rest. It needs it, and I could do with a new face at the same time.

Saturday

A shave away (a bit like a give away except there's no such thing as a shive away) at a Village Hotel. So this one arrives pixilated so you can read it and thematically entitled, 'Villages'

View attachment 118885

Vile ages razors - Ikon B1
Villainous blade - Polsilver Super Iridium
Village bike - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Village Green - Signature Valentia
Vile anus cream - Botanics moisturiser
Village People - Van Cleef Rose Rouge
Village Idiot - Moi

Villages. Invented by villagers as somewhere to live. Village Hotels. Invented by someone as a place for folk to sleep when not in their villages.

'G-E-T O-F-F T-H-I-S P-A-G-E'

A smashing shave away during a bit of well due escapism and to save having to make a bed in the morning. But I did end up cleaning the dishes through not paying.

The 24m Cashmere and Signature are soaping Gods. The Ikon B1 has long been a God. And so all in all a God like shave. If the great man himself decided to remove that big white beard then this little bunch would do a wonderful job.

When I first came across this Japanese band I really thought WTF!? And oddly enough I still think the same. Bizarre. It can only be Lady Baby......

Monday

An emergency late entry before Easter disappears and I end up wishing you a Happy Christmas. I give you the theme, 'Easter wishes'

View attachment 118903

Easter bunny - Occams Enoch
Easter egg - Kai Titan mild
Easter bonnet - Highlander LFC
Easter parade - Signature Londinium
Easter Island - Collagen
Easter rabbit - M&S Spiced Amber
My wife's rabbit - this image is unavailable

'When I asked him for a rabbit I wasn't quite expecting a dance routine dressed as one'

An expedient shave before rushing out to Warrington and to stand in the pissing rain watching Marine FC getting beat. Giles. This new brush had better not arrive with a curse this time as life is bad enough after today.

But I do praise the LFC brush for placing us at the top of the Premier League table. Not only that but it did a superlative brushing act with that winner of my soapy heart, Signature's Londinium. The Enoch? As fast as fuck and pretty damn fine to go with it.

Smiles all round, to be later followed by adject misery

What a better way to end this Easter break than yet more Lady Baby. After the cross-dessing Australian wrestler had left them. I presume to be a wrestler. Which he couldn't do much worse than his foray in to the musical world...Happy Easter you shaving people....

If you haven’t read James Clavell’s Shogun you should Chris, and if not try to watch the series currently running on Disney. I’m not sure it helps better to understand modern Japan but it sure as hell is a superb story. The cross dresser does look a bit like the guy who plays the Anjin but I wouldn’t swear to it :ROFLMAO:

Superb! I wondered if this blade would perform better in a more aggressive razor, like the Treet Dura Sharp in the Pearl Flexi.
I'm pleased to get such a close and comfortable shave. There was quite a bit of sting from the aftershave which surprised me as I felt no irritation while shaving.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Treet Classic
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: SigNature Novus Spice
Aftershave: Old Spice (1950s)

Smoooth…

A welcome return to the Timor/Personna combo. Superb shave with no nicks, no weepers, no irritation. Another point of interest (?) is that I’m now shaving every second day instead of every third day… otherwise I’d never get through all the blades and soap.

Great lather from the ES medium synthetic and Trumpers.

Just want the same level of performance from the Rockwell (with Personna)… probably on R2… otherwise it’s back on the naughty step.

IMG_0118.jpeg

02/04/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP Shave Co UBrush 24mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 14 (4).jpg
I find the Machrie is a lighter, fresher scent than the Lochranza, very uplifting.
I did enjoy that.
Back to training today after a 5 month layoff due to a damaged kneecap.
Enjoy your day all.

Sunday 31st March

Soap • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti
Brush • DS Cosmetics 24mm Synbad
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Feather Pro (?)
Post • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti Splash

Not enjoyable as I had/have some kind of nasty cold/Covid(?)
Feeling a lot better today, and been at work (ain't that fun after 5 days off feeling ill?)

Back
Top Bottom