Rugby World Cup.. thoughts

Sorry gents not a rugby fan but my Pharmacy is about a ten minute walk to the Saracen's ground and often have a few players coming in. Anyone I should look out for a signature?

Haha definitely won't be doing that but Carl surely eventually they will know, perhaps come scrum time?
Sorry gents not a rugby fan but my Pharmacy is about a ten minute walk to the Saracen's ground and often have a few players coming in. Anyone I should look out for a signature?

There's a few England internationals in their side, but they are mostly a retirement home for ex International Springboks and overseas players.

Off to the first of three games tonight at Stadium:MK - France v Canada. I always have a slight soft spot for France come World Cups (only when England are nto in with a shout) as I believe they are better placed than anyone to beat the AB's. If you watch the 2011 Final France should have won -- they were denied kickable penalities on several occasions by poor refeering decisions and they have provided some of RWC's undeniably great moments - the semi final in '87, the two defeats vs AB's and the loss to Argentina in '07.
Vive la France.....
As for Wales tonight - it would unfair of me to mention the loss to Fiji in '07 so I won't!

Right then, I'm going to pick an RU club team to follow. It will be based purely on what shirt I like best and as long as they're English, Welsh or Scottish, it doesn't matter. So come then, convince me and post yer shirt colours for my delectation. By the way, I like blue!

Here's my team Graeme the Cardiff Blues formerly Cardiff RFC before Welsh rugby adopted a 4 team regional set up, Cardiff RFC has produced more British Lions than any team in the UK or Ireland.

Nishy, you appeal to my shaving preferences which is very wise but sorry, no dice with black and red. And Nick, Fez's? Really?

I do love the iconic Tigers shirt with old-style red, green and white stripes and I actually remember Dusty Hare. I remember him playing for England when Scotland stuffed them 33-6! Red and green, Irish Queen and all that...I probably wouldn't suit it.

Part of me really likes the Harlequins retro style top with its unique quarters but too many colours. The Wasps top appeals too as I like the black and yellow but again, I doubt I could carry it off.

Therefore it's got to be Cardiff Blues with their lovely bold blue stripes. Smashing is that. Forum won't let me insert a picture of the classic long sleeve top - frustrating.:mad:

Always had a soft spot for Welsh Rugby. First reason was the number of great days I spent trying to keep up drinking with their travelling fans in the Guildford pub in Edinburgh, amongst others. Fantastic blokes with such a great spirit - they'd take you under their wing, make you one of their own and if they won, they'd apologise to you whilst celebrating wildly! And if they lost, it didn't matter as long as we went on to beat the English (not an attitude I normally take to) and they would actually celebrate with you. Fond memories of drunkenly singing Delilah and trying to teach them, with moderate success, the first verse to Flower of Scotland. Second reason was being in Wales on holiday in 2005 when Wales won the Grand Slam. Everywhere was buzzing and it was really infectious.

Still, my favourite rugby memory dates from Saturday, March 17th, 1990. I was 15. 'Nuff said.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom