Rugby World Cup.. thoughts

I knew it would only be a matter of time before Japan took a big scalp there's a strong south sea Island infulence to the team right through the squad, I saw this when they beat Wales during a summer tour even though it was a second string Wales team you could definitely see the New Zealand infulence in how they play the game.

Last edited:
Just switched off France v Italy with 10 minutes to go. Pretty abysmal game with very little imagination shown by either side.

Vinny, you're a genius - I would have bet my children on a SA win against Japan.

That group as all of a sudden just become the most interesting group in the world cup there are some really tough teams no one likes playing Samoa, after that result It's difficult to see Scotland getting out of the group now.

1 Japan
South Africa
Samoa
Scotland
United States

That group as all of a sudden just become the most interesting group in the world cup there are some really tough teams no one likes playing Samoa, after that result It's difficult to see Scotland getting out of the group now.

1 Japan
South Africa
Samoa
Scotland
United States

It also raises the possibility of South Africa knocking out the team placed first in the round of 16... that should put the cat amonsgst the pigeons.

Given the level of injuries hitting Wales is it bad luck or has Gatland pushed them too far in prep?

It also raises the possibility of South Africa knocking out the team placed first in the round of 16... that should put the cat amonsgst the pigeons.

Given the level of injuries hitting Wales is it bad luck or has Gatland pushed them too far in prep?
Dead legs and knee injuries are just bad luck - they can happen at any time. I don't suppose Wales's training has been any more strenuous than any other team. Wales can still start with a strong line up - where England now have a definite advantage is the quality of replacements.

Yeah Wales will still field a strong lineup containing 8 British Lions I think our lineout will be very good with Charterist and Alun Wyn Jones and the British Lions backrow, plus Jamie Roberts and George North I think Wales can and will surprise a few people on Saturday forgot to give Biggar a mention he's really one of the best 10 in world rugby in my view he's got a great all round game in fact he's got a higher percentage as a kicker better than Halfpenny.

Back
Top Bottom