Rugby World Cup.. thoughts

Beg pardon, World Rugby staged a great event. But am I mistaken in thinking the RFU set the ticket prices for the England venues? A world tournament on home soil is indeed good news for all, better if you don't price home fans, or the curious who'd like to experience it live for the first time, out of it.

Belting final though, right team won, World Cup heads back down south again, RFU sticks head up own backside for another 4 years.

Regards,
Chris

Record attendances, grounds were 98% full, New Zealand set a world record crowd at Wembley Stadium that was broken a week later when Ireland played Romania.

I have no idea what part the RFU has in fixing the prices - and I'm sure that the ground owners will have charged for use - what I have read is that World Rugby were paid £80 million by the RFU and the RFU made a £15m profit. That's probably the same amount that Jose will get when Abramovich pulls the trigger. I'm not knocking football - just putting sums into perspective.

Sounds to me like ticket prices were too high and out of the range of the common people.
How do you come to that conclusion? What are your comparisons as to what the common man can or cannot afford? I believe there were quite a few thousand Romanians at Wembley - were their tickets subsidised or are they, perhaps, higher earners than the average UK working person?

Either that - or you could have done some research and established that one of the games of the tournament SA v Japan - played at about the closest venue to you, was available at £20, £35 and £65. Out-priced were you? For a common man you have an uncommon selection of razors, brushes, scents - perhaps you should have put a few up for sale - I'd have helped you out - at a knockdown price of course.

Back
Top Bottom