Closed Pass Around - Feather AS-D2 - COMPLETE

Had a quick shave (2 passes) last night just to get the feel of the razor. Used a Voshkod blade and had a pleasant shave. Razor is mild but I actually enjoyed that and never felt like I was going to nick myself. Will give it a proper run out in the morning with a feather blade and see how it goes.

Well had a couple of 3 pass shaves now and lost my Feather blade virginity in the process. Found the shave to be very mild even with the Feather blade.Enjoyed the shaves and the smug feeling that I wouldn't nick myself .Absolutley no irritation on my neck where I can get some if not careful. On the downside it is perhaps too mild for my own personal taste but it is a thing of beauty. Loved the weight of it.

Don't think it will remain on my "wanted" list though but very grateful to Nico for the oppurtunity to try it.

Will be winging it's way to Vman tomorrow

Hi Martin, I'll reluctantly have to withdraw from your generous passaround due to postal problems as mentioned in another thread – I won't be taking any chances with your property. But nonetheless thank you for these opportunities to try out fine razors at no cost to the members!

What a lovely bit of kit, though I thought the handle was too short and thin in first glance.

Was determined to use it as-is so popped in a new feather blade and had a go last night

I usually do 2 passes (with and against) with my iKon DLC OC on a custom templ8 handle, so my plan was to do the same. The razor felt very mild after the first pass, so I went for an interim across pass too. That went well, but then I got a little careless with the third and managed a little nick by the side of the mouth. oops.

End result though was a very close shave, very smooth and almost 24 hours later I have the same level of growth as with my iKon.

I will have another go tomorrow with my custom handle as I felt it was just too light and short for my hands and technique.

Will probably put one of my trusty Personna Platinums in there mid week and see how I go before passing on to Dave towards the end of the week.

Need a few goes before I can make an informed judgement on it

Second run out with the razor. Same blade, but on my custom handle. It felt a lot better in my hand.

On to the shave - I decided to do my usual 2 pass. Have to say that the end result was another close shave and no nicks this time as I was paying a bit more attention.

Some 18 hours on and the level of stubble is as expected, not more not less than with my iKon.

I will try it with the Personna tomorrow and then send it on its way on Wednesday to Dave

Last edited:
Third and final shave today.

Put in a new Personna Platinum and had one of the most confusing shaves ever. Started my first WTG pass and something didn't feel right, It was just not engaging (slightly in terms of actually shaving my stubble, but more the feel - it felt boring). I applied a little more pressure and completed by usual 2 pass shave. At this point, I was just going thru the motions, mind wandering elsewhere, not really focussing on the shave itself - bit like when I used to use an electric razor. Very mild with the Personna compared to with the Feather blade (though that could just be my fear of the Feather blade playing tricks on me)

The confusing bit is that at the end, I have achieved BBS level today, face is super smooth, no irritation at all and it is taking all my willpower to stop faceturbating.

Up to this point, I was on the side of not wanting this as I couldn't see a place for it in my meagre collection, but after today, I feel this could be the go to razor for those special days where you need the shave to be perfect with no issues.

Will be keeping my eye out over black Friday to see if any deals are coming up, though I would prefer just to buy the top and base plates, I cant stand the handle I'm afraid, too skinny and small

It is all cleaned up, packed up, ready for a short trip to the post office.

@Dave-the-rave it should be with you tomorrow.

Also thank you @Nico1970 for the opportunity to try this razor

Last edited:
The Feather has landed at 7.30 this morning. Postie musta shat the bed.

Very nice. The construction makes the Mongoose look basic. So this is sintering eh? Impressive.
Unfortunately I had my first shave with a Fatip 20 hours ago and there's no point in shaving again
just yet. :D

I'll give the Feather a run either tonight or tomorrow. Maybe I'll just eat it.
It looks so good it's gorra taste nice. :)

Back
Top Bottom