Closed Pass Around - Feather AS-D2 - COMPLETE

Yes - I like the fact that you can get an ATT in open and closed comb in three levels of aggressiveness or even as a slant open or closed. If I could trial all of those options I'm certain I'd find a great razor!
This is precisely what I did last, for the last couple of months. I found a razor combo that put my straights into hibernation. That being the R2 on a kronos handle. Closest thing to a Wolfman, which is my benchmark (IMO). The M2 is too mild, the H2 unnecessary unless your stubble is like wire wool. The Atlas handle on the R2, whilst beautiful doesn't add enough weight/aggression to the head, to bring it to the Wolfman's face feel(more aggressive Wolfman). The S2 is milder than the R2 which in turn is fine for everyday use IMO. The S2 glides to provide an altogether different face feel. So in conclusion the R2 on a Kronos handle I find superb.

@mattyb240 - how are you getting on with the AS-D2 Matt?

I've managed one run out yesterday with it due to a stinking cold.

First impressions, super light weight, handle is lovely but too light for my tastes so next run will be on my UFO U2 handle.

It's a very well constructed item and used my trusted polisilver blade, and dr Harris soap for a reliable setup. Two passes as my nose is a bit raw from all those tissues! Smooth and quick to manoeuvre without having to worry to much about angle or nicks. Excited for the next run (expected tomorrow).

Forgot to update with my second outing!

A solid shave, I really enjoy the construction and solid feel of the head. I understand it's mild reputation but it feels efficient in line with my Weber. The UFO handle makes a huge difference shifting the balance to a more tail heavy which is how I like it.i would definitely consider getting just the head if one came up at the right price. One last shave tonight or tomorrow and then will send it back to the rightful owner.

Very greatful for the opportunity to try this beauty out.

Forgot to update with my second outing!

A solid shave, I really enjoy the construction and solid feel of the head. I understand it's mild reputation but it feels efficient in line with my Weber. The UFO handle makes a huge difference shifting the balance to a more tail heavy which is how I like it.i would definitely consider getting just the head if one came up at the right price. One last shave tonight or tomorrow and then will send it back to the rightful owner.

Very greatful for the opportunity to try this beauty out.
The best shave I had with the feather was with my heaviest handle.

Last and final shave, definitely a winner. Really enjoyed my time with this razor, combined with a heavier handle it really is a precise shaver. Plenty close enough apart from that lady ATG pass. Ready to shed back to you @Nico1970. Could you PM me your address please?

Happy New Year, Martin.
This pass around caught me off guard. I didn't expect to like this razor as much as I did. Although I won the WS-D1S in the raffle and it shaves the same as the AS-D2, I'm not too fond of the handle. Yes, it is classy, but the all stainless AS-D2 handle is just what I want. I do miss it. I want to fondle it :rolleyes:. Thanks to your wonderful pass around my WS-D1S might just show up on BST... I'll wait until I got my hands on the OneBlade though, just in case it is the best razor in the world. You and your pass arounds... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom