Closed Pass Around - Feather AS-D2 - COMPLETE

Great to see you using Malizia Uomo Lee @rowlers! I am a massive fan of the stuff - in fact, I think I have pretty much the full range...o_O

I honestly didn't know there were others available, other than the Vetyver (which I have and am most fond of). It was someone here who told me about it.

What are the other EDT's?

Excellent, thanks. Hadn't seen that before....the Vetyver came from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Malizia-U...016285?hash=item41930d999d:g:loMAAOSwPhdVEXXH

Good service as I recall. At the time you could buy them in bulk from him - just checked - you can get 10 for £51.90 delivered.

Any brief observations re. the others. The Vetyver is just fine albeit not especially long lasting (but, most regrettably, not many are for me).

Ta for the advice.

3rd shave:
RSC Cream
24mm WD Synthetic
Feather
Gillette Silver Blue [1]
Barbus AS
Malizia Uomo Vetyver
Superdrug Moisturiser.

I think a little better tonight with a blade I much prefer to the Feather blades. Still, a lot of work required to get a nice clean shave which results in plenty of AS sting (not as much as yesterday though)
I don't know where to go now regarding blade choice. maybe something tamer like a Lada or a Voskhod. It is nice to try out these high end razors, so thanks again @Nico1970 - Martin...

Kevin @DevonStan - have a butcher's here.

Nice link,

Both the Vetyver aftershave and EdT are often in my rotation, except I am out of em right now. Stuff lasts such a short time which is fine, but it goes quick being used like a splash cologne.

There's other flavors I saw that look interesting and jeeez, the price is sure right on their products. Plus, it's the nicest vetyver I have huffed....being on the lighter side of that scent.

Martin

4th shave with the Feather.
With a very smooth blade but, alas not such a smooth shave. Patchy, multiple touch ups/passes in every direction possible. Loads of AS sting.
To be honest I think the best shave was the first the Feather blade, but it was simply too much work for an average shave.
All my other razor perform far better for me.
None, however are as well finished but at the end of the day its the resulting shave that counts... Time to move it on the next in the passaround...

Many thanks to Martin @Nico1970 for the opportunity...

4th shave with the Feather.
With a very smooth blade but, alas not such a smooth shave. Patchy, multiple touch ups/passes in every direction possible. Loads of AS sting.
To be honest I think the best shave was the first the Feather blade, but it was simply too much work for an average shave.
All my other razor perform far better for me.
None, however are as well finished but at the end of the day its the resulting shave that counts... Time to move it on the next in the passaround...

Many thanks to Martin @Nico1970 for the opportunity...
Wow, what a different experience from mine. I found that the angle makes all the difference...
YMMV ;)

Gents. I can't add any more to what's been said.

You all know I bought one following my time with Martin's AS-D2.

I received it early November. It's had around 10 outings.

I've decided that the Wolfman would be my ideal razor - but you can't source them for love nor money without waiting for ages.

I've found that an R2 comes close to the Wolfie so i'mm gonna buy one.

So just to let you know my Feather is gonna be on BST any time soon.

Shame, as it's a beatiful thing to behold....but I have to see sense.

I'd love to try an ATT R/H at some point. After the recent pass arounds it is about the only top end stainless razor that I have left to try....
Yes - I like the fact that you can get an ATT in open and closed comb in three levels of aggressiveness or even as a slant open or closed. If I could trial all of those options I'm certain I'd find a great razor!

Yes - I like the fact that you can get an ATT in open and closed comb in three levels of aggressiveness or even as a slant open or closed. If I could trial all of those options I'm certain I'd find a great razor!
That would be one hell of a slow pass around. Sorry, I've had the razor(s) for a month now, but I haven't tried all the combinations yet or found the right blade... :p

Back
Top Bottom