Closed Pass around Digress

Hi! I'd love to be in if possible (I'm from Spain...).

I tried a long handle Progress two years ago without good results and I would like to try a short version with that lovely personalized work to know if I find some improve in shaving...

Cheers!

Sir_eider said:
Hi! I'd love to be in if possible (I'm from Spain...).

I tried a long handle Progress two years ago without good results and I would like to try a short version with that lovely personalized work to know if I find some improve in shaving...

Cheers!

I bet you would like the shorter version. Different balance point for sure, plus where it's gripped from can vary. That long one didn't fit me well, but the other's just fine. When standing next to each other, the short handle Progress and Fatboy are the same height.

Second shave with it just now. Started on setting 2 for WTG, then to 2.5 for the other passes. I really quite like this razor! Can anyone tell me if the Progress is the same razor other than the adjustment knob? If so may have to consider adding one to the collection, even though I thought I had settled on the Cobra and the Weber...

Its a cracking shaver eh... [Progress]
As far as I know, adjustment is "calibrated" and steel/brass knob added.
If I knew how to get the knob off, I'd have a stainless knob myself...

Hairsuite said:
With the Slim/Fatboy/Digress-Progress I can tailor the shave to fit..... Takes a little while, but experimenting does not cost money,where as buying and punting fixed razors usually does!

I have given up on people who don't see the value of that option. I wish every great looking razor gave me an excellent shave, but that's just not true.

The Progress head performs differently than the Gillettes. Some new members don't know that even though they all adjust, they don't all shave the same on a similar feeling setting.

Ok, I have had four shaves with the Digress now and really enjoyed using it. It's a great razor. Heavy, solid and noisy. It's made me look at adjustables differently. I think I might want one. Though may have a little dabble with the standard Progress first to see how they compare.
Razor has been cleaned up and posted out today recorded first class so hopefully should be with FrankieG tomorrow or Monday depending on RM.
Thank you very much to Cyril for organising this and allowing me to try the Digress.

chriszacharek said:
Ok, I have had four shaves with the Digress now and really enjoyed using it. It's a great razor. Heavy, solid and noisy. It's made me look at adjustables differently. I think I might want one. Though may have a little dabble with the standard Progress first to see how they compare.
Razor has been cleaned up and posted out today recorded first class so hopefully should be with FrankieG tomorrow or Monday depending on RM.
Thank you very much to Cyril for organising this and allowing me to try the Digress.

Much appreciated. I look forward to it!

Received the Digress safe and sound from chriszacharek today. Thank you, Sir.

The razor looks beautiful, but I may have to wait till tomorrow to give it a go as the rest of my day is rather hectic. Will keep everyone posted.

I had my first shave with the Digress. It felt a little light in hand after using stainless steel razors almost exclusively, but it's perfectly balanced and a joy to use. I was surprised that it felt just a little aggressive (for my taste) set on 3, so I dialled it down to 2.5 and finally 2 for an ATG pass. The 'digressed' adjustment knob works a treat and feels very positive in use. But what really matters is the end result: a close shave without a hint of discomfort or irritation.

A big thank you to Hairsuite for organising the passaround. I will use it a few more times this week before passing it along.

chriszacharek said:
Nice isn't it...

:) Chris, that sounded almost like an enablement with all the Yankee subtlety of a certain Dodgy gentleman....

Frankie, you and all the beneficiaries of this pass around are welcome. I must confess, Ian at the Gentlemans Groom Room supplied the razor and asked me to pass it around......

I finished my week with the pass around Digress. I won't be putting my SS razors on BST just yet, but am overall very pleased with the qulity of shaves I got from the Digress. The adjustment knob works very well, the balance is spot on and it's a noisy little bugger that makes it easy to find the correct angle.

It will be cleaned up, packed up and in the post to Superflyguy come monday.

Thanks again for the opportunity to try this razor!

Back
Top Bottom