Closed Pass around Digress

Names added and removed. I have had problems with this pass around unfortunately. People hanging on to it, and not replying to messages particularly quickly.

Also, it seems too much trouble to post experiences with the razor for some people..

Yesterday I was assured by PM that the razor would be posted in the afternoon, so it should be with Chriszacharek today or tomorrow. Hopefully this will result in feedback and a slightly quicker move around of the Digress.

I can only apologise....

Right, just had my first shave with the Digress.
It's a good, solid and weighty kind of a razor and feels well made. I have never used a Progress so am unable to compare to the original. I found the opening and closing of the razor to get a blade in a bit awkward but I suppose when you've done it once...

I used a Sputnik blade, my newly acquired Semogue TSN LE 2012 with C&S no88 soap, finished up with Pinaud Lilac Vegetal and a splash of Trumper's Eucris.

[attachment=10727]

Set the razor to no3. As soon as I started i knew i had a blade in it, similar to the first time I used my R41. Though to be fair it didn't feel aggressive in any way like the 41 can. That was the WTG pass. I switched to no4 for XTG and ATG just to see what the difference was like and couldn't really tell too much.

[attachment=10728]

First impressions are good. I have never been too keen on adjustables as I find it adds an extra element of messing about which I don't think is really needed. Recently all I have been using is a Cobra and a Weber and had planned on settling on those two razors to keep. The Digress gave me pretty much an equally good shave as those two. If I was told I could only use this razor for a while I wouldn't be too upset.
Will see how it goes after a couple more shaves...

Chris

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401563355.285696.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401563355.285696.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 34
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401563613.929064.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401563613.929064.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 28
chriszacharek said:
Right, just had my first shave with the Digress.

Set the razor to no3. As soon as I started i knew i had a blade in it, similar to the first time I used my R41. Though to be fair it didn't feel aggressive in any way like the 41 can. That was the WTG pass. I switched to no4 for XTG and ATG just to see what the difference was like and couldn't really tell too much.

I have never been too keen on adjustables as I find it adds an extra element of messing about which I don't think is really needed.
Chris

Ok, let me give you a reason to use adjustables that's using the Progress instead, but same thing applies.

Last few shaves have been with a new to me Progress, and it took me a few times to figure out what the best setting is for me. It's the one that's most comfortable and also still very effective.

First shave I started out on 2.5 and nope, that wasn't it. Backed it down during that shave, but it still wasn't quite right. Today's shave was much better and it was partly because of finding the magic number. No magic number, no perfect shave.

Adjustables are especially handy for extreme druthers, either very mild or lots of bite. I really like the Progress on the right setting, and would never use it if it was preset to the wrong one.

Martin

What Martin said,

I have used and traded lots of "fixed" razors.

Some have been keepers as they happen to fit, some punted because they didn't.

I had a Feather ASD1 which was too mild, same with a EJ89. I couldn't be bothered with the faff of shimming so they went.

I have owned both ATT M&R in 1&2 versions, non of these plates worked out for me....

With the Slim/Fatboy/Digress-Progress I can tailor the shave to fit..... Takes a little while, but experimenting does not cost money,where as buying and punting fixed razors usually does!

Enjoy finding the balance point between effective and comfortable Chris, I would suggest you may need 4 shaves at least, to find it.......

Thanks both, will play around with it and see. I do tend to get a good shave from most razors I use and it's very rare a razor feels uncomfortable to me, though on reflection maybe the next shave with this will be started on a lower setting though. Nice razor though and quite impressed so far. Then onto the Fatboy when I'm done with the Digress...

Back
Top Bottom