Closed Pass around Digress

Hairsuite said:
I may well be in a position to offer up a Digress for people to try.

Usual rules apply, minimum 30 posts for users.

I will organise the list

Passing on will be by recorded signed for Royal Mail, if lost then the last person to use it can normally claim compensation through the mail service.

Razor to be cleaned and passed on shave ready for the next user.

I will supply some Polsilver to get the pass around going, users can pop in a blade or two in the package before passing it on.

Anyone interested?

List

MachM
mattyb240
bigfatbloke71
chriszacharek
FrankieG
Superflyguy
ollie9091
Mr_Smartepants
OMP

IMG_1856_zps2114f790.jpg

Second go with the Digress. Dialled it back to 2.5 and found the sweet spot. Lathered up some Cella with my NF Tubby 2 and set to work with the razor loaded with a Rapira Platinum Lux. Great shave, easy BBS.

The Digress is noisy, great feedback for any left over stubble. Not as loud as some SE razors (1912 and Streamline I'm looking at you), but makes a noise that lets you know it's clearing stubble.

Gonna have one more shave with it tomorrow morning and then send it to the next guy on the list.

Monday's shave:

Loaded the Digress with a Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow and lathered a LEA stick with a FS Pur-Tech synthetic. Three passes and a little touch up with the razor turned to 2. BBS results again. Really nice balance to the razor, neither head nor handle heavy, pretty neutral and pretty much spot on for me.

That's me done with the pass around, thanks to Hairsuite for offering this opportunity...consider me enabled. It looks like mattyb240 is next...PM incoming!

Arrived today safe and sound, despite it being special delivery it was just popped through the letter box. Looks beautiful can't wait to give it a whirl.

Prep: village barber oil
Brush: Simpsons P8
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Razor: Digress

What an audible shave from this razor! Took one pass to find the right angle with it. A good first shave with it, although I'm surprised how aggressive 1.5 is. One small nick and no irritation.

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 - 2 Band
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Razor: Digress (pass around 2.5)
Splash: Dr Harris Windsor

A lovely shave, dialled up the razor a little bit, I usually struggle when I have short stubble and get razor burn. This was lovely smooth audible and very satisfying. Finding I want a bit more weight at the tail end of things.
[attachment=10281]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398182880.044058.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398182880.044058.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 56
Penultimate shave, dialled up to 3.5 a bloody damn good BBS shave with the exception of two small nicks.

Last and final shave with Digress pass around. Now I would never shave the next day after receiving a BBS shave, but I thought sod it (even though I know I would be in for a world of red/soreness).

Prep: Village Barber Balm
Brush: Kent BK8
Razor: Digress (1)
Cream: Dr Harris - Windsor
Splash: Dr Harris - Windsor

WOW! BBS one tiny nick, buttery smooth and no irritation. I'm frankly shocked, I've not even achieved this with my much loved Weber. My thoughts are that this is a very versatile razor, and potentially the only razor you would need. It's definitely something for my acquisition list. As much as it could be the only razor you need, it won't be, it feels like a work horse, but there's no excitement in it as I know it will perform, but I just love my UFO handles and variety too much,
[attachment=10332]

I've PM'd next on the list, and it's currently being cleaned in my Ultrasonic cleaner.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398610090.583462.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398610090.583462.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 52
Just sending apologies an erratic work schedule combined with lack of sleep means I've not made it to the post office. Will be Saturday at the latest. Sincere apologies!

Back
Top Bottom