Closed Pass around Digress

Well the head shave went very well, it was my first time head shaving with a DE, so I was a little nervous. I needn't have been, the wonderful Digress looked after me perfectly, no nicks, no cuts, just a smooth shave. I started at setting 2 and the results seemed pretty good to be honest, I then ramped it up to 4 and was blown away! Super smooth, and my bonce reflected light like a mirror in fact it might need dulling down on a really sunny day!

Next up was to try her on my face (so to speak!). The results again were impressive. Loaded with my favourite Astra SP the resultant shave was very pleasant and smooth. A standard 3 pass and a wee touch up produced an irritation free BBS. The razor itself is beautifully finished and is superbly balanced making shaving with it very easy. I must say I'm tempted!

Could I be added to the list please, I've been dithering on this one as I already have a Progress but find it a bit short. I think the extra knob length (cheeky!) will make it perfect.

Chris.

The XL versions are all the same length and are based on the longer handle Progress 510.

I think they are now taking orders for custom sized knobs so you can have it as long as you want.

The aluminium version is the lightest, then the steel version followed by the brass.

My sincere apologies to those on the list. I do not seem to be able to elicit a reply from Hippo regarding him passing this on.

I have sent PM's and an email. I hope all is well with him.

I will be in touch to kickstart the pass around as soon as he contacts me.

Regards,

Cyril

Hippo is now back from the Western Isle and in the land of 3G. He sends his apologies, and will contact MachM ASAP to arrange passing in the DE...

:icon_razz:

Quick note to ask that any comments/reviews please be popped on this thread so that it is easier to find them.

SOTD additions are great as a well, but makes finding all the reviews a little difficult...

By all means post on SOTD, but adding or cutting and pasting the review on the Passaround thread, it keeps it simple for those wishing to review opinions...

Cheers, and enjoy. Cyril

My first shave with the Digress

LEA Sensitive cream
New Forest Tubby 2
Digress
Rapira Platinum Lux
Tabac AS

I dialled it to three and perhaps that was a little too high. Nice smooth shave but a couple of rare weepers. Will dial it back to two for the next shave to find my sweet spot. Early days but I think a Digress may be on my shopping list.

Very grateful to Cyril for organising the pass around.

I'm so over the moon with my open comb... please can I be taken off the list, my next move on will be to the world of the open razor... gotta have a go at a slant first I suspect :s

Back
Top Bottom