Closed Pass around Digress

Hairsuite said:
I must confess, Ian at the Gentlemans Groom Room supplied the razor and asked me to pass it around......

That guy Ian is pretty shrewd. Yep, there's nothing like a taste of the good stuff and the positive exposure that follows. My compliments sir, a very nice piece of enabling!

If he ever teamed up with that crazy Spanish Quacktor, they would be tough to resist.

After an over night stay with the post office I have the Digress in my possession. Hope to give it a run out tonight and over the weekend. It certainly looks lovely.

Thanks to Frankie and Cyril

Happy shaving
Adam

The Digress and the Mergress are a modified Progress. They have the plastic adjustment knob replaced with metal; stainless steel on the Mergress; or a choice of stainless steel, aluminium or brass on the Digress. I think they also have their adjustment mechanism calibrated as there is some variation in the adjustments on the Progress as it comes from the factory.

Correct Rich, the calibration simply takes the form of ensuring the adjustment rests on number one when the razor is fitted with a blade.

The Progress when delivered from the factory can land at various points on the scale, making direct comparisons with other progress users difficult.

My original Progress landed on the "+" sign when loaded with a blade, i shaved with that razor on "3"

Mt friends landed on "1" when loaded with a blade so I would have used his razor to shave with on "4" for the same shave and aggression.

Hope that makes sense, all Digress land on "1" I believe.

Regards,

Cyril

Managed a couple of shaves with the Digress over the weekend. It's a lovely looking piece of kit and weighted really well. Love the noise it makes too. Not sure yet whether I prefer it to my 39c or not. A few more shaves should determine the answer.

I'll run it until the end of the week and then get it passed on.

happy shaving
Adam

Arrived safe and sound on Saturday and I had my first shave on Sunday. I used a Rapira, which is my blade of choice, along with Truefitt and Hill cream. Cranked it up to number 4 and set about a really good shave. Three passes with no nicks, cuts or irritation. My usual razor is a Progress but the long handled version, I usually use this on number 5 and will try the Digress on 5 later. I did find the shorter handle more pleasant to use than my longer handled Progress, but not in a way that would put me off the longer handle. Early days with the Digress and I will use daily this week and look to post off at the weekend. Within the box there is a selection of blades most I have not used before so I will try a couple and replace with something form my collection before PIF'ing.
I will update later in the week
Nice razor, but did anyone else notice that the knob has slight hazing/small scratches on it that give it the appearance that there is a coating on it and water has got under it (I know this is not the case) This is only minor, but noticeable. I guess this is a trait of aluminium?

Wouldn't mind jumping in on this one if possible ..... this is one of the recommendations for the next step up in aggressiveness from my Gillette adjustables

Back
Top Bottom