Closed Pass around Digress

Just to confirm, it has been posted off after a good clean.
I think it is a cracking razor and will now be looking to get myself one. More than can be said for Tiger blades! I tried one that was in the selection of blades with the Digress, I managed just two strokes with it and felt may face being scrapped to near red raw... it was disposed of post haste!! It made Derbys look good.
Hairsuite, thank you so much for this PIF, I greatly appreciate the opportunity for what I hope will turn out to be a try before you buy experience.

First shave with the Digress today. I used a Ladas SS blade on it's second day.
I initially used setting '3' and thought "Whoa!" and backed it down to 2 which was a lot more comfortable for me.
It is a very audible razor and gives great feedback. I got a 3-pass BBS with a single weeper which disappeared during the cold water rinse.
I'll try it with a few of my favorite blades since I've tried all of the ones in the pass-around kit. I'll add a few more which are lacking and send it off to the next home on Friday.

Had another great shave with the crystal blade. This razor might have been a keeper if it were longer. Guess I'll have to be on the lookout.
I'm ready to move this on to the next person. PM sent to Omp.
It will be cleaned and dipped in Barbicide, then shipped per the OP.

Digress safely received thanks Mr Smartepants.
Had a quick shave with it yesterday with a fresh Voskhod. I love the almost singing noise it makes when cutting the beard. Not yet convinced about the balance. The head seems a bit too heavy for the handle. I'll have another shave with it tonight or in the morning when I can spend a bit more time.

Had a second shave with the Digress this morning. Tried a Gillette Silver Blue.
Pros:
The noise - I love the cutting sound with this razor. Not quite SE sound quality but you get lots of feedback on hairs being cut.
The look - It's a good looking razor and the aluminium knob finishes it off nicely
The shave - I have had 2, nick-free, comfortable shaves
Cons:
Build - Not keen on the adjustment mechanism. Give me a vintage Gillette click any day
Balance - As I mentioned before, the head to handle weight distribution doesn't suit me

I'm glad I tried one and thanks to Hairsuite for the opportunity.
Fly3k is up next. I will PM him and post it towards the end of the week so I can squeeze in one more shave with it.

Back
Top Bottom