Closed Pass around Digress

Ok so two shaves so far with this.

Mixed review really,

Pros.
Good weight
great sound
Nice smooth irritation free 1 pass shave. (would usually have done 2 (wtg and atg) with my r89 to get that finish. (digress set to 5)

Cons.
Bit of a faff to change the blade and make sure that numbers line back up correctly.
Doesn't seem to be the best build quality. (Feels weird saying that about something German) My R89 feels like it would last a lifetime.

Whilst I like the idea of adjustable razor if I came to buy one I don't think this would be it.

Will have a couple more goes with it and get it sent off on Tuesday.

Many thanks to the OP for the pass around. Digress itch scratched.

Bit of a delay getting this posted out. Sorry!
Needed to confirm something with the OP.
Will be sent out tomorrow for it's Spanish leg of the tour.
Thanks again to the OP.

Ok so Sir_eider has messaged me saying that he's going away for a couple of weeks and as he's in Spain there will be long delay in getting back. He's asked me to pass on to the next in line so Umar if you PM your address I'll ship asap.

That's it, I confirm... Unfortunately I didn't calculate well the timings, so I won't be able to take and return the razor in a reasonable time until I finish my holidays....

I'll write when I'll be available again to continue the pass-around!

Thanks and cheers!

pablo85 said:
Ok so Sir_eider has messaged me saying that he's going away for a couple of weeks and as he's in Spain there will be long delay in getting back. He's asked me to pass on to the next in line so Umar if you PM your address I'll ship asap.

Cheers - PM sent. I'm looking forward to it!

Well I have had the pleasure of the Digress for 10 days. It has given me an exceptional shave each time with a variety of razors. I've used it daily for a week, and then I had a couple of days of stubble. Each time it was efficient and give me a very close shave. The Astra SP blade performed the best for me, the feather left me with a little razor burn.

My other two main razors are the Futur and the R41 (2013). It certainly would fit into that rotation.

It is very well made and the balance is good for me.

However is it worth double the cost over the standard Progress? I'm not sure of that. I have the long handle progress and I can't justify the additional cost.

However if I didn't have the progress already, then I would certainly buy the Digress.

It will be posted and sent on its way early this week!

Digress winging its way to A-W this morning......... not many blades with it so i've added a box of 7 o clock yellows and a few lab blues for people to try if they havent already. Sorry for the delay but due to a family loss have not been able to give this a real chance and also ended up with the futur passaround at the same time which was a shame but enjoyed the Futur so much I bought one so something good came of it. ENJOY !!

Hairsuite - I've been looking at the price of this razor and was wondering if you knew about the RM compensation level? If this is being sent by Signed For then the maximum compensation available for loss is only £20! It'd have to be by Special Delivery for higher claims.

Back
Top Bottom