Closed Pass around Digress

If that is the case, then it is up to the sender to make sure they are happy with the service, and compensation provided...

The onus is on the sender to make sure they are comfortable with the service they choose.

Sound fair?

Hi hairsuite,

My apologises, just in from work. Posted today onto the next recipient. Many thanks for the possibility to try it, very nice razor for three passes on four and a half. No nicks or cuts at all.

Top man.

Thanks Adam

Another great shave this morning turned up to 4.5 used my new semogue 830 and some TRUMPERS coconut soap.

I already use a fatboy, a slim and super adjustables in my rotation and would still find a place for the digress

Used the digress 6 times now seems like a great razor question is would I buy one at £80 or just buy a progress and save myself £40 as even though cosmetically the modifications made to the digress are excellent it's the business end ie the head that make it shave so well and these are unchanged

The adjuster is calibrated so that when a blade is fitted and the top plate tightened, the knob on each Digress always lands on the same place, assuming the triangle and notch are orientated correctly.

The different knobs (Brass, Aluminium or stainless) all result in the razor balance and weight differing from the original Progress.

Whether they are worth £40 extra is an individual call, that is for any buyer to decide....

The work that goes into them, materials (allied to the risk of damaging a Progress beyond repair) does require an additional charge....

An individual can buy a Progress and opt to have it "Digressed" later!

Glad you enjoyed the shaves ?

I beg to differ about there being a difference between the way a progress and digress shaves. The altered weight and balance will have a big effect. For example, an EJ89 head fitted to a 100mm stainless handle turns a medium mild razor into a pretty aggressive razor.

I guess the only way to find out is to try both. And for me that's what makes de shaving so enjoyable!

Everyone has an opinion, and all are valid!

Thankfully it keeps this hobby of ours ticking over....

Weight makes a difference in my opinion, weight and balance definitely..

The plastic knobbed Progress may be the perfect weight and balance for some. For others, there is an alternative!

Tried it out with T&H No10 and an Astra Plat and all in all a very good shave. Adjusted it a few times and not entirely sure I've found my own personal sweet spot just yet but around 3-4 seems good. Had a bit of alum feedback on my neck but otherwise impressive - absolutely no problems moving through 4 days growth. I like the big chunky head as it just drops into the perfect angle and it is a noisy thing.

Next shave I'll try a Polsilver or Supermax Blue Diamond as they're the blades that I tend to favour but today the Astra's just happened to be on hand in the bathroom.

Great choice of software.... T&H is good stuff, I prefer PI, Labs or Astra stainless. 3 is a good starting point for me on my Brass Digress.. Hope your experiments go well!!

Back
Top Bottom