Closed Pass around Digress

Spent a day or so with the Post Office and I now have it!

Nice weighty little thing.

Quite a lot of blade exposure and curved even at low numbers, should be an interesting few shaves.

I'll start with number 2 and see about moving up a number every day.

Loaded a Rapira blade in and let's see how this bad boy performs tomorrow.

Thanks again for the opportunity to try this razor

Enjoy! And don't get locked into one setting for the whole shave. Depending on stubble, I am at 3 for first pass, 2.5 second and 2 for third ATG pass......

1st shave

Opted for a little mix and match with the numbers starting low and upping to see what the shave would be like.

I found that 2-3 to be mild and smooth with an increase in audible feedback with numbers 4-5.

Finished the shave on number 5 with no ill effects and only a few weepers (that I'd have got anyways with buffing like I did).

Nice to know that the Rapira blade still cut nicely on all settings

First impressions, nice little razor.

Shave 2

Left it on number 2, similar to the IKon 101 in smoothness on face with the curved baseplate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 15
3rd shave

Nothing more than a straight forward shave this morning, no real effort to try an do anything more. Good results although did leave a few awkward patches despite cranking it up from 2 to 5.

Stubble so far has been growing back consistently the same rate each day so must be mowing down the whiskers evenly every shave.

Will be trying an unknown blade in it tomorrow, a Gillette Blue. Not holding much hope as had to severely trim it down to prevent the massive tab one end from slicing my face up. Not used a Chinese made blade yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 10
4th shave

Started on 5, not a heavy growth over night but still didn't feel aggressive or too much with this Shark blade in. Knocked it down to 3 for the next pass and 2 for the touch up 3rd pass.

Certainly not an aggressive razor, of course put another blade in and it might be a different story. I don't have any feathers to try out but would feel happy that it wouldn't change it that much.

Handle was a little slippery this morning with the mix of cream and water. I do think it could probably do with some knurling or something as it is quite smooth.

Going for one more shave this week either tomorrow or Friday and it'll be leaving Essex to its original home or next on the list?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom