Closed Pass around Digress

Final shave with the Digress this morning, was intended to shave with a freshly honed straight but the blood loss had me reaching for the DE instead. 2 nd shave with the Shark blade and left in number 2, a great smooth and comfortable shave even over the nicks and slices.

Closing thoughts, am I an adjustable kind of man? Probably not? I found no real desernble difference between the graduations other than the audible feedback given. I dont find my R41 particularly 'aggressive' but treat it with respect, same as when I used this on number 5. Very easy to use and the curved base plate and closed comb could make this an ideal starter razor, but, the price would be the kicker.

Great feel in the hand weight wise, the grip could be a little better when wet as quite smooth.

Changing blades is a doddle as long as you remember to line up both marks to recalibrate when tightening up again.

Cyril, many thanks for the opportunity to try this and Billy, you'll have a great shave with it.

First shave with the Digress, thanks for the opportunity. First try with the Blue Blade which unfortunately did not survive beyond half a pass, the most tuggy blade I've ever used so in the bin it went. Changed to a SB with 12 shaves on it at setting 2 and it was very nice, this Razor produces the most incredible noise when shaving very noticeable. A great three pass shave with no cuts, nicks or weepers, the longer handle seemed to help on the downs strokes over my chin. I'm looking forward to more over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers.

[attachment=13057]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423830878.675667.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423830878.675667.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 17
Hairsuite said:
Glad you are enjoying it Roy......

Thanks, it's going well. Back on it again today and still on setting 2 which seems to work fine for shaving every day. The head is designed very well and suits my face perfectly.

[attachment=13084]

greyhounddad said:
Would it be possible for me to get added to the list please?

Hi greyhounddad, if you can PM me your address I will get the Razor off to you by the end of the week [emoji1]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424181751.669022.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424181751.669022.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 15
Final shave with the Digress and I will be sad to see it go, very well balanced and a joy to use, seems to work at any angle.

Thanks very much for the opportunity to try this Razor I have really enjoyed it.

Cheers.

[attachment=13113]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424347621.347154.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424347621.347154.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 18
Roy_Drage said:
Final shave with the Digress and I will be sad to see it go, very well balanced and a joy to use, seems to work at any angle.

Thanks very much for the opportunity to try this Razor I have really enjoyed it.

Cheers.

It is pretty much idiot roof to use, very smooth and comfy.

greyhounddad said:
Arrived this morning and I have not shaved since Wednesday night so be good to try this afternoon. Will keep you updated

Crank it up, don't be afraid, it's not a razor to be scared of.

I would suggest 3 for 1st pass, down to 2.5 for next two. Stick in your fave blade (I like Polsilver/Labs or Feathers in it)

It's not a monster, ensure the wee Nick on top cap lines up with the triangle on the base plate if you have not used a Progress before.....

Relax and enjoy!

Came in after a freezing 9 holes of golf. Relaxing bath then got it out, tried finding a yellow 7o clock blade ( my favorites) but had run out found a blue Gillette in the case so thought I'd give that a try.
Lathered up with MWF set it on 3 first stroke was like planning a door, knocked it down to 2 same again then to 1 still felt like I was using a cheese grater on my face. Thought oh no, but then changed blade to an Astra. Set it at 2.5 and off we went but noisy but good first pass wtg went to 2 for another wtg pass and finished with a 1 across the grain on top of face and then against he grain under chin. Alum rub, real shaving co blam then bay rum with lime and peppercorn splash to finish.

Feels food under my chin is smooth normally I have some roughness there with my other razors. Can't wait to try it again.

So how would you saunters compairs to a 34c and slant 37c?
And where's it fit in with a futra

Back
Top Bottom