SOTD w/c Sat 24Mar - Fri 30 Mar...

PAL DE head and base plate, Gillette Old handle
Sharp Edge blade (second shave)
Palmolive cream
Prof. Blighty's universal balsalm, lime

This combo for a razor works pretty well in my experience. The handle that comes with the PAL is aluminium, so not heavy enough for me. Only problem is the screw thread is very short so I can't easily loosen it during the shave to rinse out any clogged up cream.
This Sharp Edge "Yellow" is definitely dead now. I didn't get a great shave from it but passable I guess for work.

I also found the Palmolive disappointing - first time ever! Lather and cushion great as usual, I guess I've been spoiling myself with fancier names and smells.

Wednesday

Trumper Razor
Gillette 7 OC Yellow
EJ Best Badger Brush
Vitos Super Coconut
Trumper Limes a/s

Off to that London today for the first time in 24 years. Not by choice, you understand, it's a work thing.

Ian

prep - shower with real shaving co scrub
bluebeard revenge scimitar
feather blade
palmolive clasic stick
simpson brush
lots of ice cold water
T+H Trafalgar

don't often have a morning shave, it went ok, but i was rushing, no nicks which is a bonus
sc

Today, a full williams shave!

w8uzp5.jpg

Pre Art of Shaving Oil Unscented + "old" Williams lanolin shave cream + Vie&Long silvertip "AC edition" + Rotbart 15 with Polsilver #2 + "old" Aqua Velva lotion with The Real Shaving balm

Here you are a spanish brush which I use with scuttle and creams. Its hair is not as soft as other silvertips, but it has 55mm. long instead of 60mm. (in a 23mm. knot) of regular model, which makes it a really "all terrain" brush with good backbone and a decent performance with soaps and facelathering.

And these Williams products are a NOS pack which a friend found in an old spanish drug. The Williams cream has the same scent than Aqua Velva lotion (lovely!) and lanolin added! Aqua Velva lotion is almost the same than today's version, but I think it smells a bit stronger...

Cheers!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old Marshall Fields badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
Valobra SS stick
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

After two days of Feather blade / Super Adjustable shaves, I decided to revert to DE89 / Derby today:

Hot towels
Proraso pre / post
T&H Ultimate Comfort cream
DE89 / Derby blade (first use)
Alum
Speick aftershave
Boots no.7 balm

Absolutely belting shave! Perhaps my first BBS? Can't really tell, but I know that it feels as smooth as I have ever been and no irritation!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue, SOC two band
Razor: Veritable, Delome
Soap: Penhaligons, English Fern
AS: Lavanda
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

I love the scent of English Fern and this French razor's top notch too :D
002800x719.jpg

Wednesday Evening:

Brush: Simpsons Tulip 3 in Manchurian
Razor: Gillette Fatboy with Shark blade
Soap/Cream: Vulfix 'Persian Musk'
Post Shave: GFT Skin Food 'coral'

WP_000427.jpg

My first shave with both the Shark blade and this Vulfix cream. I really like the scent. Very clean. Not at all 'musky'. Looking forward to it.

Attachments

• WP_000427.jpg
    WP_000427.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 7
Prep: quick face wash with a shea butter soap, lots of cold water
Feather AC SS (ProGuard 1)
Duke II
Sir Irisch Moos shave cream
More cold water
Barbershop Bay Rum
Speick ASB
T&H Trafalgar cologne

Very nice for the first time. Little blood sacrifice to the Japanese shaving gods, otherwise clean and smooth.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (15)
Soap: Cella
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Balm: Trumper's Skin Food, Sandalwood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood
Result: no damage, but could feel I'd been shaved...

Back
Top Bottom