SOTD w/c Sat 24Mar - Fri 30 Mar...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep
Razor: Max Sprecher + GEM Junior for head
Superlather: Dr Harris Marlborough + Top Secret
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Super shave and the more I'm learning with this razor the better it gets - the grind is so nice and gives feedback and flex like a champ :D
001800x520.jpg

... and some:
003700x516.jpg

Boots No7 facewash.
Muhle 89 razor with Personna red #2
Simpsons special best badger brush
Lucky Tiger shave cream (sample)
Lucky Tiger after shave
Bowling green EDT.

Better shave than I thought, sample of Luck tiger cream recvd frm NKDMan the other day, lather seemed thin, but no cuts or nicks, maybe one to consider buying in the future, have a good weekend gents.

Saturday

Proraso pre/post
Palmolive/Erasmic combo soap
Omega silvertip
Merkur 39c
Red Personna (2)
Alum
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

Great shave this morning, helped to pick me up after a little too much ale last night. Feeling better!

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ Badger
RSC Cream
Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

Prep was a long run and then a shower, head and face shave but nicked something on the back of my head and a bit of claret. So look a bit of a idiot with a blob of talc on my bonce! Even a year + into DE shaving I still find myself pressing too hard with the razor sometimes.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old Marshall Fields two band
'Webly'/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Fourth shave with this old blade and still going strong.

BBS results,

Martin

Feather SS w/ Pro
Frank Shaving Fine
Palmolive stick
Santa Maria Novella pre/dopo barba

A descent shave, one pass and no need for more. The Palmolive stick now needs to be taken out of its plastic base in order to rub on the face - three solid months I've been using it already and it is getting near the bottom. Hopefully I'll be out of here in a week's time, reuniting with my straights and DEs, shave creams, soaps and the rest.

Well, went out for my run (last of the 1 min running/90 sec walking week), jumped in shower and then:
Men-u boar brush face lathering body shop shave cream. Used a Edwin Jagger white handle with a tech head (my new travel razor, wanted to test it before I went away!!) with a lord blade (not sure which). 2nd time I've used this blade and it was alittle tuggy! 2 pass and finished with body shop moisturiser. Not a bad shave and my treat after the run!

Schick Krona with 7 o'clock Sharp Edge
Kent (Mitchell's Wool Fat) soap
Nivea a/s balm
Vintage 4711 Cologne

Great shave. The Krona, of the three or four blades I've tried with it, really bring out the best in them. The Yellow seems to work better in the Krona than in my Fatboy, on various settings.
Also love the richness of the MWF. I find it best to slowly face lather two or three times. Love the clean milky smell and no dryness or tightness here.

Saturday

Trumper Razor
Astra Super Platinum Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

All good, but had to reload the brush for the second pass.

Ian

muhle r41
polsilver blade
shavemac #25 silvertip
nannys rasage traditionnel hard soap
prof blighty's green ginger AS lotion

wonderful, blood free shave. im really getting into my stride with the r41, and the polsilver blades seem to be best suited to it. the profs green ginger finished it off nicely, a beautiful scent.

Sat evening after an afternoon of gardening

Shower
EJ89L
Israeli Personna (1)
Vulfix 404 badger-boar
GFT Almond soap
Bulldog moisturiser

These blades are definitely too mild for me, at least in this razor. Last blade of the pack at least. Had to do too many passes to get smooth, resulting in a bit of minor burn on my neck.

Back
Top Bottom