SOTD w/c Sat 24Mar - Fri 30 Mar...

1zp0fb4.jpg

Pre Alep soap + JabonMan Marsella + Simpson Duke3 Best + Merkur Slant 37c with Polsilver #3 + Floid Blue italian lotion with The Real Shaving balm

An excellent shave with this not less excellent spanishs artisan "Marsella" soap! The scent is definitively lovely and works really well! By the way, after some use, I finally prefer this Duke in 50mm. long instead of the other one I had in 46mm. long... more easy to use.

Cheers!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
Yardley lavender SS (1970s version)
Malizia vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

For some reason this old soap called to me this morning. Yeah, it's got a kinda mystical reputation but I've never found it to be any better than a few others I like and not quite as good as some. Plenty of cushion with good slip, but nothing spectacular. There's still a faint scent left to this stuff.

Last time with this old blade....eight shaves is plenty. i could still get 1-2 more outta this thing, but why bother. Now this blade does live up to the hype.

BBS results,

Martin

Friday

EJ89L
Wilkinson Sword (1)
EJ pure badger
Ingram
Bulldog moisturiser

Nice. Get a much smoother shave from the Wilkie and EJ combo than the EJ and IPs I've been trying the past 3 or 4 weeks. Yep, the Wilkie is definitely my favourite readily available high street blade.

Thursday

A test of the purple hone in the Tri hone set
25zl7pg.jpg

The razor was put through the same progression as yesterday's but with the purple hone instead on the greenish one. Another great shave.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (17)
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Balm: Nivea sensitive
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Result: decent

Just a tiny bit rough today, albeit no damage. Blade is finally at retirement age.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 3
Razor: Ari-Ya (ant arrow)
Soap: Dr Harris, Marlborough
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

001800x712.jpg

Work related exams at the moment, superstition dictates I must be bearded. So a quick tidy up using....

Mr Natty's shave oil
Tech of some description
Barbershop bay rum

Simple.

Hi everyone!

After some days with no shaving as i was thinking of acquiring a straight razor, i decided to put that on hold and just get back to my the good ol' shaves!

Although the products are very good, something failed this time, probably to a bad technique or testing the ABB soap which i never tried before. It was nice, but not extraordinary.. Somehow i managed to make lots of bloody points..

Not a superb shave, but fair enough to come back to the "workout" :D

The photo is a composition with the images i already had from each product. The brush is now much more opened :)

31-03-2012-sotd-theportugalonlineshop.jpg

Back
Top Bottom