Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Emporio Body Store Affair

P1050849.jpg

Thursday
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Noxzema Shaving Foam

Handlebar was getting too annoying, getting in my food and drink. Wish I still had a Feather AC for the job. I'll concede, it took a while with the ProGlide.

Schick Krona with modern Wilkinson Sword
P160 soap courtesy of missingskin

Good shave. Not great in the stubborn areas but overall pretty good. Better than yesterday's. Like the p160.

Thursday

Real Shaving Co. cream
Ever Ready 1912 SE
GEM SE (1)
Alum
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS
Nivea Repleneshing ASB

First shave with an SE razor and I have to say I liked it a lot. I thought my Futur was loud during the shave, but it's nothing compared to this razor. It's great to hear the whiskers being cut.

BBS results, a bit of irritation on my neck, but I guess I just need to dial in my technique with this type of razor.

EJDE89
Red Personna
Vulfix Bodger
Proraso soap and balm
T and H Clubman Cologne

Very nice shave today, I still do not get the same consistency of lather using soap onto the face as I do when bowl lathering creams though.

Thursday

Trumper Razor
Gillette 7 OC Yellow
EJ Best Badger Brush
Vitos Super Coconut
Trumper Limes a/s

Same as yesterday. When I first received my lump of Vitos from antdad, I couldn't locate any scent of coconut at all as the almond/marzipan scent was so string. The almond scent seems to have backed off a bit, and during the last couple of Vitos shaves I have detected some coconut in the scent.

Ian

Thursday

Razor: Unbranded, ugly German silver steel.
Cream: RS Menthol
Brush: NF2213

wkpj76.jpg

The 1st in a series of tests on the purple and green hones from the tri hone set from ebay.

I chose this razor for the tests as although its pitted and ugly it takes a sweet shaving edge. The progression was my usual which works very well for me. I use a King combo 1000/6000 then move to a finisher. The bevel is set on the 1000 and then I do 20 laps on slurry on the 6000, dilute and repeat then do 40 on just water. That brings the razor into a nice state to take to a finishing stone, which typically would be a Naniwa 12K superstone.

However this time the finisher was the greenish slate from the tri-hone set aka the Welsh Thuringian. I started with a slurry which did 40 laps, diluted and did 40 more, then I rinsed off the stone and did somewhere between 80 and 100 strokes to finish.

Result: An edge that would be hard to beat and which yielded a very smooth shave. It is certainly as good as I get from a Naniwa 12k and possibly a little better. The stone itself seemed quite hard when raising a slurry and the feedback while honing was good.

L'Occitane Lavender Soap
Razor Maxotte 6/8 High Grade
Le Tuft Le Une Grande
Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum.

Jamie.

A lovely shave from the Maxotte 6/8, two pass shave WTG & XTG very smooth a super fine full hollow ground blade. I would describe this razor as a very refined edge indeed.

001-4.jpg

Shower, coffee, T&H pre-shave oil

Face soap £0.00 - thanks Miguel
Erasmic Black Bowl £2.86
Turkish horsehair brush £1.57
Indian black 7 O'clock £0.07

EJ Chatsworth chrome

Body Shop stuff

Can't get a much lower cost for an excellent shave.

Today, new items shave!

30x8p3r.jpg

Pre Art of Shaving Oil Unscented + Palmolive stick in IKEA bowl + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Merkur Futur with Gillette Platinum #1 + Thayers Lavender "alum" + Palmolive "Power of Nature" lotion with "The Real Shaving" balm

Today I have used for the first time this small Vie&Long and it was a lovely discovery! It makes foam very quickly and its tips are almost as soft as a silvertip brush! The only con is that it hasn't much backbone, but for a little 20mm. knot brush I think is more like an advantage because IMHO it works better and seems in facelathering bigger than it really is...

About the Futur, I liked it much better than the Merkur Progress I had (which for me was too irritating and agressive if you don't use with care). It shaves smoothly although it has a very different angle compared to other razors I have tested and you must take costume about it.

Cheers!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Rooney badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Yet another excellent shave using this frankenrazor/blade combo. This Stahly head fits me about perfectly and the old blade is still going strong after seven shaves.

BBS results,

Martin

Quick Shave this morning.

Vintage Gillette razor
Merkur super blade on its 5th shave
Old Men-U brush
King Of Shaves Tea tree and Menthol AlphaPlus Gel
Alum
Professor Blighty's Isen Vann A/S

Felt I had to give this Gel a go. It was a gift from the good lady and she has been asking what it's like. I was pleasantly surprised. Not much in the way of lather(It did say work on the face by hand but I used a brush anyway). But it was a good product I thought. Very cool, fresh and clean.

Back
Top Bottom