SOTD w/c Sat 18th - Fri 24th Feb. '12 incl.

Today I fancied a little of touch of Arko, so here's how it went.

Prep: Hot shower with Dova Face and Body wash.
Pre-Shave: King of Shaves Menthol Shave Oil
Brush: Omega Pure Bristle
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Feather (3) I felt quite a bit more tugging today than yesterday, so I've ditched this one now. Astra's up next.
Cream/AS: Arko Soap Stick. I'd forgotten how well this stuff lathers. Bouncy, slick and reminded my why I started DE shaving to begin with.
After Shave: Today I went for some Gillette Arctic Ice ASB I had sitting around and a little dash of Wilkinsons Sword Hydro ASB after a little rub from the Alum Block. Cool, clean and sharp.
Result: I went a little more forcefully than I normally would today as the little hairs I'm missing are causing some real itching and irritation underneath my chin and around my neck-line. 3 passes with a touch-up around the neck/chin. Stung for quite a while afterwards with some itchiness but petered out by midday. Think it might be my collar doing most of the irritating.

I've ordered some of Prof's ASB as I've heard glowing reviews. Hopefully it'll be here by tomorrow and I'll post some results to see if it helps with the irritation.

Coincidentally I fancied Arko today too.
Gillette Old type with Astra Superior Platinum (2nd shave)
Arko (as I said)
St. James Founders Reserve Mandarin & Patchouli aftershave gel

Very nice shave. Close but without even a hint of razor burn. Astras are sharp but not the smoothest of blades and the Old is a bit on the aggressive side so a slow and deft touch and... excellence. After two days going too quickly with the Schick and getting some cuts it was a relief not to say very satisfying!

Monday

white proraso pre post
neo custom 2 band
Provence Sante
HD + GST (1)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 1 pass, ok.

Got a crappy lather from the Sante,l I havent used it for a while. I loaded the brush as normal or so I thought, perhaps my brush was too wet...? in any case, I will soak the puck next time, it cannot hurt?

Prep: 14 mile cycle to work in freezing Glasgow rain
Brush: Vulfix 2189 bristle travel
Razor: Fatboy - settings 7 + 4
Blade: 7 o'clock super platinum dark blue russian (2)
Soap: Palmolive stick (rub stick on face then lather up)
After: Alum / Gillette moisturiser
Result: Splendidly smooth given the humble kit involved. One weeper which is very unusual for me, getting used to the weight in the FB I think

Aristo #15
Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Neep Soapstone Badger
Erasmic stick followed rapidly by Palmolive stick
Witch hazel
Trumper lime skin food

Firstly, the bad. Erasmic stick, oh dear. Wet it, spread it on my chops, attacked with the brush and just got foam basically. Put loads more on, started the shave and I could see the lather vanishing before I touched it.

Utter crap. It's now in my bin along with the Boots Freshwood cream. There are some real budget bargains out there and neither of these come under that category IMHO.

Now the good. Operation Aristocrat has started out with a lovely BBS shave. In true OCD fashion I'll use the 15 this week so I can proceed numerically.

And also, for me, Trumpers skin food is the best AS balm I've tried so far. I think I'll be buying half a litre next.

Proraso night for me...

Nivea facial wash
Muhle R41
Personna Red (2nd shave)
Proraso Pre/Post
Proraso shave cream (100ml Tube)
Warm Rinse
Cold Rinse
Alum
Cold Rinse
Pat dry
Proraso AS splash

Really close and comfy shave...I'm getting used to the R41 now, but still have to be very wary while shaving.
In fact I cut my finger on the razor while I was preping around the sink!

P

Hot Shower
Proraso Pre Shaving Cream
Merkur Progress # 2.5
Personna red
Schwarzweisskeramik XL
Simpsons Chubby 1 in Super Badger
Cella red tub
Proraso lotion

Tuesday:
Proraso Pre/Post
Proraso Shaving Foam
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Alcolado Glacial
Proraso Pre/Post
Czech & Speake #88 EDT

Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2012

Vitos Predopobarba
Semogue 2000
Klar Kabinett
Rotbart Mond-Extra nº 15
Rapira super stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel lemon
Weleda Baume Après Rasage

P1050734.jpg

Tuesday

Arko soap - seems to be getting a lot of love at the moment
Merkur 39c
Red Personna (4)
Alum & Witch Hazel
Nivea Replenishing ASB
Pinaud Clubman

Quick 2 pass shave this morning as I was running late/pressed snooze on my alarm too much, decent shave.

Simple Face Wash Gel
Razor Feather AS - D1
Feather Blade 1
Le Tuft Le Une Grande
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Witch Hazel
TOBS Sandalwood Balm
Botanics Moisturiser
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau De Cologne.

Jamie.

Great lather, great blade, simple.

001-7.jpg

Tuesday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Platinum (Swede) Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Good result but my face feels slightly warm. Could be too much pressure as the DE89/Swede combo doesn't feel/sound like it's doing anything - I may have over-compensated.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom