SOTD w/c Sat 18th - Fri 24th Feb. '12 incl.

Good morning gents.

Muehle R41 with Dorco (#2)
Frank Shaving Finest 26mm knot
Palmolive stick
Gucci Guilty after shave balm

A top shave, two passes and 48 hrs stubble removed easily. Smooth and clean at the end.

Off to the Duty Free Shops next door - debating whether to get the Guilty in Edt (or even the 'Intense' one) as I already have the balm. Other option is the Bulgari BLV (but if I go that way I'll most likely get the balm as well).

Many wishes to all for a splendid weekend.

Saturday: It's warming up a bit, so beard has gone.
Merkur Progress / Personna, Red Pack
Simpson Tulip T2 (two-band)
D R Harris Almond shaving soap
Czech & Speake #88 EDT

Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

I'm determined to finish this tube of Proraso, but at the same I'm time getting great shaves.

Ian

Saturday.

My mate is getting married today so I need something nice and close.

Razor: Merkur OC barber pole
Blade: 7 o'clock black
Brush: PJ2 best
Cream: Ingrams

Great shave. I was supprised by the lack of bite the Merkur has. I love the handle and feel of the razor.

Ingram gave a lovely face freeze. Loved it.

BBS and comfortable.

Have a good weekend gents.

Dipesh

Tobs lavender soap
Semogue brush - face lathered
Gillette super slim adjustable
Racer (3) blade
Finished off with Indian old spice and ollagala bay rum with pepper corn and lime.

Nice clean smooth shave!
5ad077a3-754f-6232.jpg

Monsavon
Le Tuft TSR raffle badger
BRW Bull Mastiff with light Tech head (aluminium base plate)
Superthin
Barbershop bay rum

The heavy handle and the light head made for a very nice shave. The light tech head made one hell of a cutting noise.

Saturday

Gem Featherweight
Ace Shaving Silvertip
Gem Stainless Blade
Jack Black Supreme Shave Cream
L'Oreal After Shave Balm
Jade East Cologne

Nice close shave as the Featherweight & Gem stainless blade worked very nicely with each other.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 2
Razor: Dorko
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Lavandar
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

This As-cologne's muy nice, I've pretty much used it since it arrived early this week :)
003800x595.jpg

... and some coffee:
016800x575.jpg

023800x531.jpg

SATURDAY MORNING

Aristo #16
Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Neep Soapstone
Boots Freshwood cream (scuttle lathered)
Witch Hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

A decent enough shave but the cream is nothing special I don't think. Having read a few posts on here about it being a water hog I added loads and got a nice creamy lather (like egg whites) but it just seems a bit lacking (in both cushion and slip) when compared with other, more expensive, creams I have.

Glad I tried it but there are better bargains to be had IMHO. So far both the cheap creams I've tried (Erasmic and Boots) have been noticeably inferior to the more expensive ones. I'll have to try Palmolive I think. However the cheap soaps have been great. Strange.

The Aristo is great though. Not sure it's better than a #21 but I'm very happy with it.

Saturday

First Shave with a Feather blade. It's now my new favourite, what a nice easy shave, 3 passes and a quick touch up, BBS. :icon_cheesygrin:

I've been DE shaving now for 3 weeks, and I've found a set up that really works for me to get a really comfortable and close shave. Now I can start experimenting a bit :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Nanny's Ice & a Slice
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Feather (1)
Balm: NIVEA After Shave Balm

18FEB2012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom