SOTD w/c Sat 18th - Fri 24th Feb. '12 incl.

T&H Pre shave oil
T&H Luxury hard soap
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro Guard (2)
Alum
Boots No7 futile anti-ageing moisturiser
Penhaligons Hammam Bouquet

Only my second shave with Feather SS and maybe trying to run before I can walk but no accidents as yet and I'm loving it, lovely warm smooth shave.
Enjoy your evening.

Regards

Wookie

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Marshall Fields two band
Stahly-ABC/Wilkinson Super Sword (NOS)
Surrey SS used as a stick (pre VDH reformulation)
Kramperts Finest bay rum AS
Knize 'Sec' EdP

This particular Super Sword blade isn't quite as good a fit for me as some other Super Sword types. I'm sure it's a great blade for some people....just not me. Still, it was a very nice shave. Heh, maybe I'm getting a bit spoiled from using amazing blades from the past.

BBS results,

Martin

muhle r41
7 o'clock yellow
simpsons berkeley best badger
palmolive shave stick
boots no7 post shave recovery balm
quorum AS

very nice shave, very close, very smooth and hardly any irritation. theres definitely a learning curve to the r41, and its definitely a keeper.

Saturday
New Forest 1901/Edwin Jagger with Astra/D.R. Harris Marlborough SC/Weleda Balsam
P1230663.jpg

Re: RE: SOTD w/c Sat 18th - Fri 24th Feb. '12 incl.

Wookie said:
Only my second shave with Feather SS and maybe trying to run before I can walk but no accidents as yet and I'm loving it, lovely warm smooth shave.

Welcome to the club :).

This evening:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (11)
Brush: Neep #1033 soapstone 24mm high mountain badger
Soap: Proraso white
Result: glorious :)

A terrific shave, exactly the model I try for every time - a touch of resistance tangible dragging a hand ATG on the neck and otherwise marble-smooth, no irritation or weeping, quick and clean and effortlessly enjoyable. Balm not required as I'm going nowhere but to my armchair and thence to bed :).

Preparation: Shower, Nivea Face wash, Proraso pre/post.
Soap: Arko stick.
Brush: EJ Black Badger.
Razor: Muhle R41 .
Blade: Personna Red.
Post shave: Warm rinse, Cold rinse, Alum, Cold rinse
Aftershave: 4711
EDT: Floris JF

L'Occitane Lavender soap
Razor Max Otte 6/8
Brush New Forest tubby 1
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Witch hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum.

Jamie.

The Max Otte is such a refined razor, so smooooth and so sharp, She delivered a first class shave on this bright but cold sunday morning.

001-6.jpg

Sunday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS
Vitos Pre
Semogue 2015
Proraso
Vifrex Dopobarba
Creed Bois du Portugal

Ok that's it settled, once again, pre-shave products officialy do nothing for me. The Vitos ate up my lather from the brush.

Shave itself was pretty good............ however

there was a loss in the household this morning..... my trusty mug fell south and hit the bottom of the sink too hard. She's done me well.

Ah well good excuse to head out and try to get something new or to persist with face lathering.

Yesterday was my TSR joining anniversary:
Today is the anniversary of my first DE shave!

So went for.....

EJDE89
Red Personna 2
EJ Badger
T and H Ultimate Shaving cream and aftershave balm
T and H Freshman Cologne

Lovely!

Prep: Shower
Prep: Real Shaving Co - Face Scrub then Tea Tree face wash
Soap: D R Harris Arlington Soap
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger
Razor: Merkur 34c HD
Blade: Feather (2)
Post shave: Professor Blighty - Universal Balsam
Aftershave: Truefitt & Hill Spanish Leather

I'm still working my way through the blade sample pack (have tried 9 blades now) and have held off from trying the Feather until now.
All I can say is wow, a really smooth close shave with no cuts or issues. I had to check that the blade was still there as it was so smooth. My top blade at the moment. :icon_razz:

1st outing of recently acquired Fat Boy:icon_smile:

1961 G1 FB - 1st pass 7 - pass 2&3 at 5
MWF (very soft water here no lathering issues)
Frank Shaving finest
7 o'clock dark blue super platinum (russian)
Alum block Osma
Nivea Double Action Balm

Softness all round. Not as aggressive at setting 5 as i expected, I know they all differ.

Cheers
Matt

Schick L type injector on 3 with Gillette Platinum Plus (second shave)
Trumpers almond cream

Super close shave but lots of cuts, just to add to the massive cut yesterday. All entirely my fault as rushed again!!! I seem to be better at fast shaving with a DE than an injector

Sunday:

Wasn't sure whether to have a shave this morning as I was still pretty smooth after my great shave yesterday. I decided to have a quick go over anyway.

Hot shower
Erasmic soap stick
Gillette Aristocrat Jr.
Red Personna (2)
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Vanilla

First time I've used the Erasmic stick and I have to say I wasn't that impressed. It cost less than £1 so I guess I shouldn't expect stellar performance. I found the lather wasn't that slick and led to a less than perfect shave.

Don't think I'll be using it again especially when Palmolive is cheap and a great performer (plus I have a ton of other soaps and creams to keep me busy!)

Back
Top Bottom