SOTD w/c Sat 17Mar - Fri 23Mar

IMAG0256.jpg

Never tried the Satinex blade and only one left in the dispenser now. Started off in my o/c New and first pass great but then felt too aggressive. Finished up in my aluminium Tech. Very close, some soreness.

Nearly finished my Tobs almond

Wednesday

Trumper Razor
Astra Super Platinum Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
Cella
Castle Forbes Limes ASB

Got the lather completely wrong. Managed the first pass, but made new lather for the second/touch up which was excellent. My mistake, left too much water in the brush and/or didn't load the brush enough. The perils of a new brush.

Ian

Tuesday PM

Provence Sante
New Forest Brush
Red Tip
Real Shaving Co Soothing ASB (love the melon smell)
Random new blade from my stash, can't remember what it was as I wan't paying too much attention yesterday to it. It was just in a white grease paper... Shave turned out pretty well with a couple or very small nicks and I'm still good this morning and zero razor burn. I'll have to find out what it was!

There is a marked improvement in my shaving from changing the Superspeed (now offloaded on a friend at work with a WS brush, styptic pencil and a Palmolive stick - he was chuffed to bits!) to the Red Tip, regardless of blade

Botanics Facial scrub
Feather Artist Club - SS
Feather Blade Pro
Simpsons Chubby 1
Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas

Jamie

Excellent shave one pass shave minor clean up. one of my recycled SOTD photo's, just to busy to set up a photo, but the very same shave.

003.jpg

On an early lunch so thought I'd pop in...

Wednesday

EJ89L
EJ Pure Badger
Supermarket Personna (1)
Nuage shaving oil
TOBS avocado cream
Bulldog moisturiser

Nice n smooth, though these blades are not a favourite and I won't be buying them again. Not the sharpest which results in a tuggy n pully shave, in this razor at any rate.

Tuesday evening

Hot flannel and Turkish lemon cologne on the face for a couple of minutes(the good lady was out so I used the microwave,dont tell :icon_razz: )

1914 Shovelhead with new Gem Blade
Professor Blighty's Applewood Soap
Old Men-U brush
Isis moisturising balm
Professor Blighty's Yellow Ginger A/S

1 pass and then a quick touch up. Great shave from start to finish.

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus
Brush: Bluebeard's Revenge Corsair Super Badger
Razor: Bluebeard's Revenge Scimitar
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
Post: Prof Blighty's ASB and a touch of Nivea Sensitive ASB

I tried the Scimitar for the first time today after buying it on the BST here and have to say I'm very impressed. It's exactly like the EJ89 and it shaves just as welll.

Very happy with my results today and the Yellow's are definitely becoming one my favourite blades, alongside the Astras.

:)

Wednesday Morning,

Edwin Jagger with Gillette 7 o'clock black
Edwin Jagger pure badger
The Real Shaving Co double shaving cream
The Real Shaving Co ASB,
Body Shop Arber edt

IanM said:
...My mistake, left too much water in the brush and/or didn't load the brush enough. The perils of a new brush...

Exactly. Give it time, you know these boars take at least 10-15 shaves to start breaking-in. This one especially has a dense knot, but the fact that it generally blooms faster than a 830 (for example) will make your life easier soon.

I've done this brush with the knot-full-of-water technique. Had Nanny's or Pens EF (non-tallow) if I remember correctly and without dripping the brush at all I simply took it out of the soaking mug and started swirling on the puck. Touch the puck with the tips of the brush only while swirling, though - no 'pushing' on the puck.

Did that for a minute (or around 100 swirls), then took the brush over to the face. Excellent lather, dead easy to make on my skin and enough for 3 passes. Brush had less than 15 shaves under its belt. It's the so-called "Italian lathering technique for soaps" in that forum across the pond. Naturally not the only way of getting good lather (and hence shaves) but nonetheless a very successful one.

Tried it repeatedly with an SOC badger two-band and Pens EF as well, with consistently excellent results. One thing to note as well of course, you get a bit more soap consumed this way.

Progress
Two then two
Lord big Ben that's what my wife says
Ahem
Qed rose

Bloody marvellous.
Not as close as yesterday but still mild and close like all my women.
Progress like my iberital mc2 grinder is almost infinatly adjustable ...
Mmmmmm shaving and coffee....
Yrs
Timblakeslick

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (9)
Cream: Taylor's Violets
Brush: Neep #955 soapstone silvertip badger
Balm: Trumper's Skin Food, Coral
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion
Result: tediously excellent.

Felt I ought to use a cream for a change, it's been all soaps for weeks. Nice.

Wednesday morning:

Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Omega silvertip
Muhle R89
Gillette Sharp Edge (2)
Alum
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS
Real Shaving Co ASB

Three passes and touch up, nice and smooth!

Back
Top Bottom