SOTD w/c Sat 17Mar - Fri 23Mar

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8
Razor: Max Sprecher
Soap: Cade
AS: Lavanda
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Excellent :D

Got my new custom razor from Max in Las Vegas and I love it, pictures can't do this one justice, really. Fantastic steel and wonderful scales in Jade Ghost :) :) :)
002800x498.jpg

... and before the shave a cup of:
009700x518.jpg

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8
Razor: Max Sprecher
Soap: Cade
AS: Lavanda
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Excellent :D

Got my new custom razor from Max in Las Vegas and I love it, pictures can't do this one justice, really. Fantastic steel and wonderful scales in Jade Ghost :) :) :)
002800x498.jpg

... and before the shave a cup of:
009700x518.jpg

wow that razor is just uber cool:icon_razz: was the design inspired by your razor stand
forgive my lack of knowledge but max in las vegas do you have a link to more photos ect as i need to do some more drooling over this mans fantastic work.

THURSDAY EVENING

Gillette ABC 'floral' handle
Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Semogue LE Boar 2
Mama Bears lime soap (tub lathered)
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Decided to crack this out today after a shite day at work. Needed cheering up and who wouldn't enjoy using such a beautiful piece.

Approached the shave with trepidation as my Canadian (which predates this by about 5 years) is amazingly vicious. An old boy I know described it as a potato peeler and he isn't far wrong.

Anyway the ABC is nothing like it. It's still reasonably aggressive but not too over the top, much less so than an R41 and ended up delivering a very nice shave. It's a bit sensitive to blade angle so would need a bit of practice but I am very pleasantly surprised.

I love shaving with old things like this. It's just past it's 100th birthday and as I was lathering up with the brush and soap I was wondering about when it was last used and also when and where it was first bought and how the first purchaser would have used it. Wonder what his shaving setup was like?

A very pleasant end to a crappy day!

Thursday:

Simpsons Tulip 3 'Manchurian'
Cobra Classic razor
Martin De Candre soap
3P Pre/Post

No matter how much i want to like Mdc, I just can't. by the third pass the lather is rubbish. Just won't hold together for me, no matter how I experiment with water used, amount of soap loaded or even type of brush used.

Mikael said:
[aliRazor: Max Sprecher

Very beautiful razor Mikey. The heck do you call that kinda point?

1+ for loving that razor can we have more info on the design brief.love the curves and the angles. that point looks one for the more advanced though.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (10)
Soap: Tabac stick
Brush: Neep #955 soapstone silvertip badger
Balm: not indicated
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Result: first class

I was in a hurry this morning. Excellent, quick, three-pass job, no call whatsoever for balm. Lovely.

Thursday evening:

Hot shower, rsc facial scrub
EJde89 Barley
Shark (2)
Nanny's french lavender soap
New Forest 2207

two passes, superb close shave!

proraso ASL and pre-post cream.

Most chuffed with this shave, wasn't even trying but ended up with a great result:icon_razz:

tuftey said:
wow that razor is just uber cool:icon_razz: was the design inspired by your razor stand
forgive my lack of knowledge but max in las vegas do you have a link to more photos ect as i need to do some more drooling over this mans fantastic work.

Cheers Tuftey! No, it was an idea from me to have him make his take on master Levis Snake razors, but I agree that it looks like the stand has something to do with it :icon_razz:.

Link to Max homepage

dodgy said:
Very beautiful razor Mikey. The heck do you call that kinda point?

tuftey said:
1+ for loving that razor can we have more info on the design brief.love the curves and the angles. that point looks one for the more advanced though.

Cheers guys! Well, I don't think there's a name for this kind of point, but I guess French point (or Oblique...) would be closest (please correct me, if I'm wrong, Neil, or someone else).

I would say grind's half hollow, which was something we discussed, Max usually do wedgy grinds.

Gillette Fatboy on 6, 4, 2 with Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge
Tobs almond cream
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balm - lime

Very nice shave. Recently bought and swapped a load of these 'yellow' blades as I have only had two packs for ages. Plan to use them a lot over the next few weeks and if today's shave is what to expect from other razors I'll enjoy it.

Friday

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
Vitos Super Coconut
Witch Hazel

No lather issues at all today. I think the Pro blade is on it's 9th or 10th shave, and it's been in the razor for ages!

Ian

Friday

Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna Cream
Omega silvertip
Merkur 39c
'Red' Personna (1)
Alum
Professor Blighty's Harlequin AS
Real Shaving Co. ASB

Nice and smooth, great razor and blade combo. The Personnas really seem to work well in the 39c.

Thursday PM 'Dartboard Shave'. The randomly selected kit was :-

70's Gillette
Merkur super blade
Wilkinson Sword Bush
La Toja cream
Selin Turkish Cologne.

First time I have used a Merkur blade. I found it very aggressive and I had a couple of little scrapes. The lemon Cologne really went to town on my injuries. A close shave but uncomfortable.Overall this shave for me was 5/10

Been off work all week with tonsillitis and ear infection. Still deaf as a post in right ear.

Now I'm posting on here while catching up with last night's episode of Glee

Palmolive cream
Semogue 830
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather EDT

Back
Top Bottom