SOTD w/c Sat 17Mar - Fri 23Mar

Congrats Mikael - very nice razor. After so many months waiting on my own custom orders (and still no results) I think your bet with Max is paying off really well...

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Light Brigade(NOS)
J. Peterman 1903 SC
Malizia Vetyver AS
Makizia 'Vetyver' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

L'Occitane Lavender Soap
Razor Fon Gloden Star Vintage Japanese 7/8
Simpson Chubby 1 in Super
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Bavx EDT.

Jamie.

Well the first shave with the Fon Golden Star razor since i honed and stropped the razor, she delivered a flawless one pass shave with minor touch up, I would like to say thanks to Rene from the straight razor place for pointing me in the right direction, making it possible for me to buy this beautiful razor.

003-3.jpg

Friday
EJ89L
Vulfix 404 badger-boar
Israeli (supermarket) Personna (2)
Palmolive stick used puck style
Bulldog moisturiser (local stockist - Sainsbury's - doesn't seem to sell the ASB)

Had to be quick this am - tend to reach for the Palmolive on such occasions. From 2 day stubble to DFS (largely BBS) in 12 mins, had the EJ dancing round my kisser near as quick as I used to use a cart...must be getting half way decent at this lark.

Friday:

Merkur HD 34c
Personna Red
Neep box wood silvertip
Coate's Lime cream
Blenheim Bouquet edt

I seem to have come full circle with this razor/blade combo. It was my favourite setup in my early days of DE shaving, before I then ventured off on the inevitable journey of trying many different razors and blades.

After ignoring the red Personnas for nearly a year, I loaded one into the HD a couple of weeks back and was instantly reminded of what an awesome combination it really is. I've used little else since.

Very smooth. Very effective. Top-notch :icon_biggrin:

img4340xf.jpg

Friday afternoon

A new razor arrived today, well new to me anyway so had to give it a go.

Prep: Hot Towels
Cream: T+H West Indian Limes
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Feather
Balm: T+H West Indian Limes
Cologne: T+H West Indian Limes

23MAR2012.jpg

Simpson's Emperor 1
Gillette Thin-handled English New
Dorco 301
D R Harris Arlington Cream
D R Harris Arlington AS Milk

The best shave I've had over the last few days. :)

All new kit arrived today, I know I shouldn't mix the variables but I had a kid in a sweet shop moment.

Merkur 37c
Semogue 2000
Lavanda Cream
Vintage Wilkinson
Speick AS
Blighty's Universal Balsam

Wow! close and comfortable shave with no bite from the Spieck.
Liking the Slant and Wilkies are good.

N_Architect said:
Congrats Mikael - very nice razor. After so many months waiting on my own custom orders (and still no results) I think your bet with Max is paying off really well...

Cheers Konstantinos! I'm happy with this one, he even did a looser grind for me, that gives a very nice feedback. I think he's a very talented guy and he always seems to give 100 percent in every razor and scales he makes. It takes time though, several months actually, so it's nothing you get over night or a couple of weeks. But you did go berserk with your order though, if I remember correctly :angel::icon_razz:

DSC02230.jpg

After the folly of trying to straight shave yesterday for the 1st time in months :rolleyes: and ending up with 14 yep 14 nicks i thought i had better go safe today, think my straight needs stropping and i cant find where i put the strop!!!

+ Derby extra, much maligned blade great shave.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (11)
Soap: D R Harris almond
Brush: Neep #955 soapstone silvertip badger
Balm: Trumper's Skin Food, Sandalwood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood
Result: tediously splendid

Back
Top Bottom