SOTD w/c Sat 14th - Fri 20th incl.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1970s L type injector/Schick Super Stainless (NOS)
Surrey SS used as a stick (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum As
Laroche 'Drakkar Noir' EdT (vintage juice)

Tried a new to me vintage injector blade in the mild yet effective L type. Yeah, this razor feels like it's preset on about the #3-4 setting, which fits me just fine. Probably my second favorite injector.

This blade's quite nice. Not quite as sharp as the Gillette or Personna74, but still very good. Smooth and forgiving set up, that left my face feeling great after the shave. I could easily use this blade every day.

BBS results,

Martin

Tuesday:

Gillette #58
Feather
'Keith' 2 band badger
Nanny's Lavender soft soap

Smooth. Very smooth.

keith58.jpg

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1970s L type injector/Schick Super Stainless (NOS)
Surrey SS used as a stick (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum As
Laroche 'Drakkar Noir' EdT (vintage juice)

Tried a new to me vintage injector blade in the mild yet effective L type. Yeah, this razor feels like it's preset on about the #3-4 setting, which fits me just fine. Probably my second favorite injector.

This blade's quite nice. Not quite as sharp as the Gillette or Personna74, but still very good. Smooth and forgiving set up, that left my face feeling great after the shave. I could easily use this blade every day.

BBS results,

Martin

Drakkar Noir, that takes me back to when I first started dating SWMBO, 26 years ago.

Monday
Georgetown Poterry scuttle/Jabonman Brisa de Oriente SS/Morris and Forndran 3/1 brush/Edwin Jagger DE 87 with Astra/Weleda balsam
P1230573.jpg

Tuesday
Georgetown Pottery scuttle/Jabonman Tierra Humeda SC/Edwin Jagger DE87 with Astra/Morris and Forndran 3/1 brush/Weleda Balsam
P1230575.jpg

Scimitar, TOBS Almond, Wilkinson Sword.

Really nice shave. These Wilkinson Sword blades perform much better in the Scimitar than Laser Platinum blades. So well in fact, I used the Wilkinson Sword blades yesterday and today it was hardwork trying to find some stubble to raze.

+1 Wilkinson Sword blades
-1 Laser Platinum

EJDE89L
Bodyshop brush
Proraso soap
(shopping not arrived yet!)
Tiger blade

Two full passes and a bit of a tidy up
Getting better along the jawline. Still a bit needed touching up with the multi bladed monstrosity!
Didn't seem to get the lather as good as last time

Shave 5 done!

Second shave with a straight today. Not bad but I don't want to get too cocky!

Razor: 2 passes with the Kropp + touch up with feather all stainless
Blade: 7 o'clock black
Brush: Semogue LE11 bristle 1
Soap: Cella

Last go with the Feather all stainless today too before it goes back to its owner. What a lovely razor, it's never gave me one bad shave. Cheers Andy!

Northam Saint said:
[Drakkar Noir, that takes me back to when I first started dating SWMBO, 26 years ago.

You know, I just finally tried this juice in the last 6 months or so, and it's really nice stuff. Never sniffed in in my yout, least not that I can remember.

Maybe a month ago I was at a family gathering and was talking to someone i hadn't seen in 20 years. He was wearing some kinda EdT (and a LOT of it), and I asked him what it was. He told me it was Drakkar Noir, but I didn't recognise it at all. I think the current formulation may be different than the older stuff I have.

Glad to give you a small blast from the past.

Tuesday Evening:
  • EJ DE89b 2011 razor with 'barley' knurl
    Lion Super stainless blade
    Le Tuft Resyke bespoke boar brush
    Nanny's Eucalyptus creoap
    Thayer's Unscented witch hazel
    Myrsol Blue ASL

Four light & lovely, leisurely passes - with warm rinses up until the application of the aprés, which had near-ice water rinses before, between each lot.

• ... one of the most refreshing, smoothest, cleanest, almost frickin' liberating feelings, ever!

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (2)
Soap: Proraso white
Brush: Vie-Long Horse 13070
Balm: Trumper's Skin Food, Coral
Scent: Trumper's GFT

The brush is surprisingly small, but feels good on the face and worked well for a first time out. Seemed to lose some dye, though - brown drips, very disconcerting. Didn't stain, happily. Hopefully this is a strictly transitory phase.

Excellent result.

Wizamet w11 on 6, 4, 2 with Gillette Nacet (vintage English)
Tobs sandalwood cream
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Boots Freshwood aftershave balm

This is the fourth shave with the excellent old nacet. Getting through the stubborn on first pass was easy but the third, final touch up pass struggled to get a super close finish. No irritation though. These blades are definitely in my top 5.

Back
Top Bottom