SOTD w/c Sat 14th - Fri 20th incl.

1326691531261.jpg

Wizamet w11 on 6, 3 with Gillette Nacet stainless (vintage English, 3rd use)
Tobs Sandalwood cream
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Boots Freshwood aftershave balm

Very good shave. Settings just right, blade still performs brilliantly

MisterG said:
Merkur 34C Heavy Duty Classic
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush Medium (Imitation Ivory)
MWF

Fell for the hype then, so did I even bought some, don't get me wrong some people love it and I can whip it up just fine takes a little time though, its now in my cupboard and wont be seeing the light of day again, draw your own conclusions :icon_sad:.

MONDAY 16th

Cream: TOBS Sadalwood
Brush: Ditto
Razor: Feather AS D1
Blade Feather (1)
Aftershave: Witch Hazel
Balm: L'Occitane Cade
Moisturiser: L'Occitane Cade

The feather blade was the first for me so I was a little somewhat cautious,( feather touch) apart from two slight nicks it was a very clean smooth shave, probably the best shave that I have achieved to date.
Three Pass: WTG XTG ATG
Regards
Jim

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Super Sword (NOS)
Surrey SS used as a stick (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

EJDE89
Derby
EJ Badger
RSC Cream
Ogallala Bay Rum Splash
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

Amazing, third use of the derby and it was fine! I'm gonna push it for a fourth, unheard of surely!

Monday:

Gillette #58
Feather
Vulfix 2234 boar
Nanny's Cedarwood & Vetyver hard soap
T&H Sandalwood asb

While being no lightweight, the #58 felt strangely svelte in the hand after using the chunkier Fatboy for a while. It certainly delivered the goods though. Lovely shave.

RobTheWire said:
Fell for the hype then, so did I even bought some, don't get me wrong some people love it and I can whip it up just fine takes a little time though, its now in my cupboard and wont be seeing the light of day again, draw your own conclusions :icon_sad:.

For me, it's supporting local businesses. Mitchells appears to be made about 3 miles up the road from me :)

Merkur 38B
Polsilver (1)
GFT Coconut Oil Cream
Vie Long Horse Hair Brush
GFT Lime Skin Food
TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

Great shave. Polsilvers are an excellent blade, shame they are not so easy to get hold of, but I think I'll be looking to get some if I see any. The Trumpers Coconut remains one of my favourite creams.

Back
Top Bottom