SOTD w/c Sat 14th - Fri 20th incl.

Lazy Sunday Shave:

Pearl Jam: Vs
long hot shower, RSC facial scrub.

EJde89 Barley
7 o'clock yellow (3)
C&E No88 soap
NF2207 (the Wonderbrush)

lathering with this soap requires more attention than others I use (Nanny's hard lavender mainly) but worth the effort. Nice lather with excellent longevity.

Three passes, minor touchups.

Sunbury Bay Rum (well, it is a day ending in "y")
Bulldog Sensitive ASB which ran out so finished with some Nivea sensitive.

DFS

I thought I'd join in!

4th time with a DE
Razor: EJ88L
Blade: Derbys
Brush: Bodyshop
Soap: Proraso sensitive in an Eeyore bowl from Morrisons!

Three passes today on my 3 day growth (I'm not an hairy man!)
Two "straight down" beginner's passes, followed by jawline passes to try and get the bits I missed. Still not BBS, unless the baby is a hedgehog, but acceptable. There are a couple of minor nicks, but I'd get them from the Hydro multi blade anyway (speaking of which, I touched up with that... the fact I used it soapless shows a lot!)

I noticed a bit of "tugging" as I shaved. Is that the longer beard or the blades dulling (it's their third outing)

Next time I post i might have new gear to include :)

Francorelli said:
[A final shave from the pass-around Fatboy before it travels to pastures new. And it sure went out in style - cranked up to 9 with a new Feather, it utterly demolished two days worth of stubble.

Best shave yet with this razor -

Hey what's doin,

Man, I would love to be able to use that razor/blade combo cranked waaay up like you have it. The comfort level would put me off, but the shave must be pretty damn close. The Fatboy/Feather set up is a favorite of mine, but it's on the #4 setting that it really shines for me.

Congrats on finding that model to your liking,

Martin

MisterG said:
I thought I'd join in!

4th time with a DE

I noticed a bit of "tugging" as I shaved. Is that the longer beard or the blades dulling (it's their third outing)

Could be the blade wearing, could be the beard drying out if your lather is a tad thin. More likely the blade is on it's last legs.

What new gear are you expecting? If you don't happen to have blades on the way, I will PIF you a few decent ones. Just let me know.

Sunday, Jan. 15, 2012

Emulsión Myrsol
Semogue LE2010 #77
Nanny's French Lavender
Merkur 37c
Perma-Sharp Super
Thayers Witch Hazel lemon
9.60 Bálsamo Aftershave

P1050632.jpg

Gingerpose said:
MisterG said:
I thought I'd join in!

4th time with a DE

Could be the blade wearing, could be the beard drying out if your lather is a tad thin. More likely the blade is on it's last legs.

What new gear are you expecting? If you don't happen to have blades on the way, I will PIF you a few decent ones. Just let me know.

Derbys on their (first, second or) third outing the cause I reckon!!!! Will be testing the same thing later so will let you know, got a soft spot for em, which will suffer!....:icon_razz:

Gingerpose said:

Merkur 34C Heavy Duty Classic
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush Medium (Imitation Ivory)
MWF

As for blades I took some advice and got the sample pack from Connaught

Swapping the Derbys right after hitting "Post"!

If it's Sunday - it's Derby Day
Razor: Gillette '04 date code 'D'
Blade: Derby Extra. Of course
Soap: MWF
Brush: Turkish Horse
Aftershave: Superior 70
(Puerto Rican Bay Rum)
Great shave two passes -clean and close!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326643453.127516.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326643453.127516.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 11
dodgy said:
Francorelli said:
[A final shave from the pass-around Fatboy before it travels to pastures new. And it sure went out in style - cranked up to 9 with a new Feather, it utterly demolished two days worth of stubble.

Best shave yet with this razor -

Hey what's doin,

Man, I would love to be able to use that razor/blade combo cranked waaay up like you have it. The comfort level would put me off, but the shave must be pretty damn close. The Fatboy/Feather set up is a favorite of mine, but it's on the #4 setting that it really shines for me.

Congrats on finding that model to your liking,

Martin

Greetings Martin

Yes, it's a close shave with #9, but doesn't feel aggressive at all. No hint of burn, and no weepers or nicks. Nada. Just lovely and smooth. But then the Slant is like that for me too - quite a lot of blade exposure, but a smooth feel even with Feathers.

Glad to have grappled this particular simian...

Jos

Sunday:

Usually a day off but I had to pop into work for a couple of hours so:

Truefitt and Hill lavender cream
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
7 o'clock green (3)
Ogalalla bay rum lime and peppercorns

Just a quick 1 pass to look presentable.

Sunday

Merkur 34c with Supermax stainless steel blade
Edwin Jagger pure badger
vintage Crabtree & Evelyn pour homme soap
Armani Acqua di Gio ASB
Armani Acqua di Gio aftershave

DFS.

Back
Top Bottom