SOTD w/c Sat 14th - Fri 20th incl.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (1)
Soap: D R Harris almond
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Balm: Nivea sensitive
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion

Gorgeous, and feels as close now as it did an hour old. I think this may be where a newer blade has an advantage: it feels no closer at the outset, but it is enough so to stay feeling close longer.

Monday 16th January

Cade soap - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Wilkinson "Sticky" - Yellow 7OC - Witch hazel​

I've been giving some of my other soaps a run out over the last few weeks. Last week was Pre de Provence, this week Cade. They take a bit more effort to lather than my usual ones (MdC, La Toja, Provence Sante). I find both Cade and PdP a bit finicky with my badger brushes, but this boar brush does a sterling job of lathering them.

After all the Sticky talk yesterday I also decided to give that an outing. Two quick passes, nice and smooth and zero irritation. It really is ideal as a daily razor for a quick shave before work.

Monday

Semogue 2011 LE Badger 2
Feather AS- D1
Iridium
D.R. Harris Marlborough shaving Soap
Barbershop Bay Rum Aftershave
La Toja Balm

A effortless shave with the feather/iridium combo and the Marlborough soap is superb.

Mark

sam_0631.jpg

old spice brush/soap/AS
Aristocrat Jr#49 + 7 O'clock yellow

Monday Evening

Gillette Parat
Gillette 365 (2)
Vulfix Bodger
Mama Bears Lime
Witch hazel
Clinique post shave balm

I quite like the Mama bears. It's not as easy to lather as a tallow soap, but it washes off your skin much easier post shave.

This razor and blade combo are a real winner. They are so easy to shave with.

Monday evening:

Pre: Shower

Shave: Proraso cream
Vie-Long Pure Horsehair
Fatboy @ 1 (first time with an adjustable, and shaved 24 hours ago, so didn't want to push my luck!)
Astra Platinum (2)

Nivea Men's face moisturiser.

Lovely shave. Particularly impressed by the Proraso, which I'd not used before. Someone at work has recommended I try Proraso Pre/Post, and on the strength of the cream, I may just do that.

du212 said:
[align=center]Henckels 17 1/2 :: Vie Long 14075 :: De Vergulde Hand shaving stick :: Agua de Colonia Alvarez Gómez

I freaking LOVE Alvarez Gomez. Have been through a litre and a half of it in the last few years. Have a presentation bottle with the special gift spritzer on the go at the moment.

Also a big fan of Vie-Long. Just received, broke in and debuted a professional pure horsehair today.

And I have a stick of La Toja waiting to go as well.

Viva España!

Monday

Imperial Shavette
½ Gillette 365 blade
Vie Long Horse/Badger mix
Nanny's Rasage Traditionnel hard soap
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater
1zybywl.jpg

An occasional dalliance with a shavette is fun. The 365 blade is very sharp and smooth enough, while its not quite as comfortable as a real straight shave it still produces a very close shave with ease however I don't think its any closer than a real straight. I've only used a shavette about 10 times since I started shaving with a straight 18 months ago and it didn't bite me tonight, so I'll take that as a barometer that my technique has improved.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Custom by Chris, two band
Razor: Gong
Soap: Floris 89
AS: Floris, Elite
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Nice shave, first go with this soap and it went to thin and dried out on me, I prob missed re the water ratio and had to much right before it was ready (but it seems to be a thin line!?).
019800x611.jpg

Wizamet w11 on 6, 4, 2 with Gillette 365
St James founders reserve cedarwood and clarysage cream
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Boots Freshwood aftershave balm

I forgot how good these 365 blades are, given they're budget. Really getting on with the w11 now...

L'Occitane Bavx Soap
Feather Artist Club - SS
Feather Blade Light
Le Tuft Chubby 1.5 in Lignum Vitae
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
Floris Elite Eau De Parfum

Jamie.

The Feather delivered a super shave, and the Floris Elite smells absolutely divine, the Bavx soap is such a super soap so good in fact i've even used it for whipping up a lather in the past very rich and moisturising as you would expect from all L'Occitane products, even though it's a bathroom soap it's as good as any shaving soap.

001-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom