SOTD w/c Sat 14th - Fri 20th incl.

Thursday
Weleda SS/Omega brush/Edwin Jagger Barley with Astra/Weleda lotion/Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad balsam
P1230584.jpg

Gillette Mach 3 Sensitive (Indian market one)
Nivea Sensitive shaving foam
Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm

Didn't need the balm but still simples...

Razors: Kropp + Feather portable
Blade: 7 o'clock black (3)
Brush: Chubby 2 2 band
Soap: Cella

Great shave again. I'm quite liking this straight razor lark.

Feather portable was a suprise.

Thanks to K for talking me out of selling the Chubby. Its a great brush. There's nothing quite like a chubby.

OW!

Prep: $ hours at Parent's Evening followed by an hour walk/bus home
Hot wash

Razor: Merkur 34C (first time!!!!)
Blade: Yellow 7 o'clock
Proraso and body shop brush, lathered in my Eeyore bowl

Is it just me or is this a lot more slicy than the Jagger 89? I have lots of nicks across the angle changes - ok side of mouth and under the lip, but they are pouring blood by the bucket full!

Still, an acceptable two pass and touch up shave. I didn't use the multi blade this time, but I have a feeling I should have used a bit more soap on the touch-up ("feel the burn"!)

Aristocrat #21
Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Vulfix bodger
Mama Bears lime
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

This razor and blade are a great combo and I love shaving with a rhodium plated razor. There's something faintly decadent about it (I'm easily satisfied).

I'm not a big fan of the Forbes though. Trumper's skin food kicks its ass IMHO.

Tall_Paul said:
Aristocrat #21
This razor and blade are a great combo and I love shaving with a rhodium plated razor. There's something faintly decadent about it (I'm easily satisfied).

What's doin Paul,

You have made me a little envious (and woke up that particular monkey). Yeah, that's gotta be one of the nicest UK made Aristocrat designs. Plus if I'm not mistaken, it's actually one of my birth year razors (1974 or thereabouts). I agree with you about experiencing the rich scent of rhodium decadence wafting through the bathroom, increasing the shaving enjoyment by 5 times at least....maybe even 6 times. Everyone loves the smell of rhodium in the morning...wouldn't you agree Paul?

Never had the pleasure of actually shaving with one of those, but maybe something will come up in the future. Sadly, I don't see many of those in the wilds of Yankeetown.

Congrats on enabling the enabler...sheesh,

Martin

Oh, my info about the production year mighta been off a smidge....it's possible.

Re: RE: SOTD w/c Sat 14th - Fri 20th incl.

MisterG said:
Is it just me or is this a lot more slicy than the Jagger 89?

It's a more aggressive razor, certainly - my memory is that the Jagger was almost impossible to draw blood with. You probably need a slightly different angle with the Merkur, you'll find it soon enough.

Merkur 39C Slant
Polsilver (3)
GFT Cream
Kent BK4
GFT Lime Skin Food
Boss Bottled EDT

GFT is a lovely cream, this was from the sample pack. If I didn't already have about 20 creams on the go, I'd buy a full pot of it.

RideTheBlade said:
Merkur 38C PIF from IanM
Astra Superior Platinum Blade
EJ Super Badger Brush
Trumpers Almond Cream
St James of London Mandarin and Patchouli post shave Gel

This was my first shave with the Merkur 38C and must say it was my best shave ever.
This Razor is great and I feel mega lucky to have got it.

Ray

Excellent :)

Ian

Friday

Merkur Progress
Gillette Platinum (Swede) Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé shaving soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Very close to BBS without any ATG. Can't ask for more than that.

Ian

Schick I-type injector
Personaa Injector II twin blade injector blade
Geo F. Trumper's Almond shaving cream
Nivea a/s balm

First time with a tiwn injector blade (kindly PIFfed from Dodgy). It fitted in this razor okay although won't fit some PAL models. An easy, close, smooth shave.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 2
Razor: Globusmen Gold
Soap: Floris, no: 89
AS. Barbershop, Bay rum
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

I like this blade, it's as good as the Filly I used to have. Was NOS when I bought it and Neil Miller restored it (the steel is really nice and healthy, like new, even though the gold is a bit blurry).
026800x637.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Ever Ready butterscotch badger
Stahly/ball end Old Type frankenrazor/Schick Super Platinum(NOS)
IK SS used as a stick
Krampert Finest Bay Rum AS (generous sample bottle sent by Mr Brian Krampert himself)

Man, this blade is really quite nice. About as smooth and sharp as any I've tried, which works well with this mild Stahly head. I'm hoping the small lot I won recently gets here soon.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom