SOTD w/c Sat 10th-Fri 16th incl.

Filarmonica 14 8/8
Nanny's Grapefruit & Lemongrass Soft Soap
Semogue LE 2010
Nivea Replenishing ASB

My closest one pass shave ever:icon_biggrin:
Absolutely nothing in my collection can shave as good as a Filarmonica!

Monday
Truefitt and Hill Grafton SC/Muhle R 107 with Polsilver/Truefitt and Hill (Rooney 1/1) brush/Truefitt and Hill Grafton balsam
P1230479.jpg

Monday Evening

Puma 3/8
Nanny's Ice & a Slice hard soap
Vie Long Horse/Badger
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater
5l5el5.jpg

Well I polished this one up and honed it on my coticule at lunch time. A couple of water spots were left but they don't bother me.
Despite the fact that its tiny and would most likely have been used as a trimming and shaping tool rather than a shaving tool I found it very easy to handle and didn't need me to wipe the lather off much more than a 4/8. In fact some of the awkward bits around my nose and under mu chin were easier to get at. Sharpness was spot on and smooth to boot.

Jeltz said:
Monday Evening

Puma 3/8
Well I polished this one up and honed it on my coticule at lunch time. A couple of water spots were left but they don't bother me.
Despite the fact that its tiny and would most likely have been used as a trimming and shaping tool rather than a shaving tool I found it very easy to handle and didn't need me to wipe the lather off much more than a 4/8. In fact some of the awkward bits around my nose and under mu chin were easier to get at. Sharpness was spot on and smooth to boot.

Hi Nic,

Oh good, I'm glad you posted your thoughts on this razor. I understand it's an odd size and I was wondering how it worked for you, Heh, I have the same one, so there's that too. Nah, I never actually shave with the thing, but I do get to hold it every now and then.

I'm glad to hear this small razor isn't a weird one to use,

Martin

L'Occitane Bavx Soap
Razor Feather AC-SS
Blade Feather Light
New Forest Tubby 1
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eua de parfum

Jamie

Fantastic shave BBS two days growth wiped out by the Feather, two pass shave minor touch up, this is such a lovely razor to use very comfortable even with my weak hand I seem to have very good control of this razor, before I purchased this razor I didn't really have any kind of expections of how it would perform, but it's certainly surprised me if i'm honest.

002-1.jpg

This morning:

Imperial Leather soap
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), ProGuard blade (5)
La Toja stick
Neep English Yew Badger
Bulldog ASB
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

Haven't used the spanish stick in a long time. It's great. A perfect shave, practically bbs everywhere and no fluids escaping :).

Tuesday 13th December

Yardley Black Label - SOC 2-band - Rotbart Mond No. 15 - 1970s Gillette Platinum (3) - Alum - Floid Blue - Yardley Black Label EdT

A great soap.​

Back
Top Bottom