SOTD w/c Sat 10th-Fri 16th incl.

This morning.

EJde89 Barley
Wilkinson Sword (3)
C&S No. 88 soap
NF 2207 (a.k.a "the lathermonster") - and what a lather it provided with the soap today!

three passes plus touchups - the blade is almost played out, still smooth just not mowing the whiskers as effectively as it did to begin with.

Sunbury Bay Rum
Clinique post shave healer

Happy Face:icon_razz:

Cheap Shavette with Lord Super Stainless blade
Founder's Reserve Cedarwood and Clarysage cream

Took it slow and careful. Four or five nicks, all around the mouth and bottom lip. Very patchy. Finsihed off with the Fatboy on 4 with Polsilver (fourth shave). Shavette will go away for another six months

Sunday

Merkur 34C
SuperMax SS
Semogue 2015
Valobra
Thayers Superhazel
Chanel Egoiste AS and EDT

IMAG0022.jpg

Feeling like a million bucks. I just can't get my head around why SuperMax blades get such a panning on some other shaving sites. :icon_rolleyes:

Saturdays Shave

EJDE89
Crystal
Vulfix Mix
St James Clarysage and Cedarwood
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood
Floris Mahon Leather

excellent head and face shave, just a nick on the noggin, soon dealt with talc.

MachM said:
Father Ted, is that a little le creuset pot? I saw some of them recently and thought it would be good to put a cake of MWF in. Might pop to the shops on Sunday to get one.
Sorry for the late reply - its actually from Sainsburys and their own brand of homeware. I have another similar lidded ramekin in pale blue (with a cake of Soapy Secrets Patchouli & Clary Sage with Jojoba Shaving Soap. )
The latter smells very masculine and slightly hippy, but needs quite a bit of working to get a good lather, unlike the Palmolive. The dishes were £2.99. The Palmolive soap 49p!

Hot Shower
Merkur 38B
Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue* (1)
T&H 1805 Shaving Cream
Kent BK4
GFT Lime Skin Food
TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

Very nice, smooth blade (first time use). Also first use of 1805 - as slick and cushiony as other T&H creams I have used. I like the scent although I can't really describe it and I still prefer the Trafalgar of the 3 T&H creams I have tried.

* I think it's the 7 O'Clock Blue, because it's Russian, but the box could be described as Black. If the box is blue, it's very dark blue. I'd be interested to see a side by side image if anyone can find or post one.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1938 UK Popular/Iridium
IK SS
SebaMed AS Balsam
Jean Desprez 'Versailles pour homme' EdT (vintage juice with a tremendous drydown and amazing silage in the meantime).

Can't remember the last time I got this razor outta the arsenal. Let's see now, I'm guessing it would probably be never, since this only came in the mail yesterday. Sent by Steve, who some of you may know him as missingskin (man, I can't remember the last time I typed that the right way....very odd).

Rather than get into the whole schmaz about that deal in this thread I'll just mention the shave this morning was a treat. Yeah, using a beautifully replated (looks like rhodium if I'm not mistaken) vintage piece that actually fits me pretty well is always fun. It's even more enjoyable, knowing it was a very unexpected gift.

Anyway, Steve knows this razor works for me, and also I really like it's looks. I have a 1934 type Aristo and a few other razors with a similar head and one's in my rotation. Obviously, the rotation monkey gang will have to make a little more room for one more.

Got out one of my control soaps and a fresh Iridium and I believe I screwed up the lather a bit. Sheesh, it still happens sometimes. Yeah, it shoulda been slicker and with more cushion...still worked fine but not like usual.

I gotta pay attention with this razor/blade combo. Short strokes with no fancy stuff, and no pressure for the most part. Even though it's not a heavy razor, that head has enough bite to compensate. Left me with an extremely smooth face, although I kinda chickened out on my neck (mainly because the lather wasn't perfect). Did I mention this Popular shines like a bastard? Thanks again hissingskunk.....there. that's better.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• popular1 (Small).jpg
    popular1 (Small).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 16
  • popular3 (Small).jpg
    popular3 (Small).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 12
Söndag!

SOTD111212TSR.jpg

New Forest 2211 silvertip; CV Heljestrand M K 31 in ivory scales; Nanny's hardish lavender soap; Taylor's St James aftershave.

The razor's a new arrival, courtesy of the Stockholm Enabler :) Honing was a breeze because it's virtually an unused blade, finishing on "Mikael's stone" which produces an edge of scintillating viciousness and is generally reserved for his razors because it's a bit :icon_eek:. Can't argue with results though: billiard ball.

Another gratuitous pic of the pretty Swede:

SOTD111212cu2.jpg

Arrowhead said:
Söndag!
The razor's a new arrival, courtesy of the Stockholm Enabler :) Honing was a breeze because it's virtually an unused blade, finishing on "Mikael's stone" which produces an edge of scintillating viciousness and is generally reserved for his razors because it's a bit :icon_eek:. Can't argue with results though: billiard ball.

Cheers Andy! You prob put a killer sweet edge on her, you sure did with a Helje I sent to you before :D This was one of those blades I was going to keep and it was safetely put away for future use, but then when RAD hit me... I'm very happy she's with you now Andy, in a good home :D

Eclipse "Red Ring" + Shark, New Forest 2201, Truefitt&Hill Grafton SC, Alun, Loewe pour Homme

PC110534fa.jpg

Almost a 'british empire' shaving, but I can't finish with Grafton EdT, maybe this Christmas ... But the Loewe pour Homme EdT is like a mediterranean version of Grafton, classy, masculine, ... and fresher than the T&H scent, with the acid start of lemon zest & bergamot.

Back
Top Bottom