SOTD w/c Sat 10th-Fri 16th incl.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1946-47 Aristocrat/Wilkinson Sword (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Opaline Lotion AS
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• 1946 Aristo FS 003 (Small).jpg
    1946 Aristo FS 003 (Small).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 10
Friday:

Red tip Superspeed
Tiger
Neep box wood silvertip
Coate's Lime cream

Still my favourite vintage Gillette. Very smooth.

redtip1.jpg

Fido said:
12-5.jpg

My wife used to buy my balm - usually around £35/40 on the likes of Floris and Givenchy. Now I buy it myself, I spend a lot less - like this Proraso at about £11 delivered in the UK. Helps a bit towards the other indulgences.

You should ask her indoors to buy your brushes, save a bloody fortune :icon_razz: :icon_razz:

All the best Kevin

Friday Evening:

• David Somerset's Original shave oil
    Gold & Chocolate Shave & Protect* JagFix synthetic
    Old Spice Fresh Lime shave cream
    Gillette 1958 Special Rocket razor
    Asco Blue & Red super stainless blade
    Thayer's Lemon witch hazel
    Booster's Iced Lime ASL
    Nivea for Men Cool Kick ASB

As I have hot & cold running water, pretty much on demand in my new(-ish) flat, I used hot water to rinse between, & after, my two passes; then warm, to luke-warm, to cool, & then cold water rinses after my polish-up half-pass. I finished off with dunking my face a few times in a sinkful of proper, nice cold-as-cold-could-be fresh water, prior to application of the three afters.
  • The half-pass felt very dry, draggy, and half-arsed. It made for a few time-delayed weepers.
    Grrrr.
    • - nothing the cold-water dunks, & the afters didn't sort out, but still...

* NOTE: this might actually be a Shave & Protect Gold & Chocolate, not a Gold & Chocolate Shave & Protect brush.
  • I never was 100% sure, & couldn't have been arsed to double check with the supplier at that time.

Back
Top Bottom