Razor Feather AC-SS
Feather Blade Light
Simpsons Chubby 1 in super
Founders reserve Manadrin & Patchouli cream
Alum & Witch Hazel
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau de cologne

Jamie.

This razor is quickly turning into my favourite razor, i'm glad that i've given over so much time to this razor because it's worth the reward, when you feel really confident about using ths pretty scary sharp thing, well it no longer scares me, but it certainly delivers a super shave, maybe I will be getting the Feather AC- SS with the wooden scales in the new year?

003-3.jpg

Merkur Progress
Super Max
New Forest 22
Cyril Salter Sandalwood
Speick ASB

First time with Super Max in the Progress, not as good as a Gillette.

Regards

Kevin

thursday morning

white proraso pre post
NF silvertip
nannys ice and slice with goat
Slim (4) + red IP (3)
natural limes AS
Proraso ASB

result: 2 passes only: very good, not totally smooth around the jaw but didnt have time for any buffing.

jaycey said:
A revisor has got to be my next purchase, hmm..6/8 or "The Big Un" ??

This one (11/16) and a 6/8 I once had, has been my best Revisor blades (I've one 8/8 and had another before). I don't know if that's a trend or not though. Vintage blades are most often _very_ good value, regardless of brand (if yo buy from a trusted seller and truly shave ready) ...

This morning:

Imperial Leather soap
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), ProGuard blade (7)
Pre de Provence
Neep English Yew Badger
Bulldog ASB
GFT cologne

Continuing with face-then-bowl, it may well be the way forward. Lovely.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Personna74 (NOS)
Rivivage SS ( nice stuff and the same soap as Gold Dachs)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT

Last couple days I've kept the same razor/blade and soap for my shaves. Yeah, I get in a little groove sometimes and get carried away with excellent no drama shaves on a regular basis. Other razors I sometimes gotta tweak, but not in this case.

I think that was my fifth shave with this old blade. Still shows no sign of slowing down, so we'll see how that goes. I've heard more than once from members getting 10+ quality shaves with these old things. This is the kinda razor/blade combo that inspires the hubris in me......

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday
Sprock 6/8 - Simpson 57 - Maca Root Cream - Alum - Old Spice Whitewater
2z824h5.jpg

Another close comfortable shave with one of my favourite razors and a great supporting cast.

de47ed05166b2c6b7340a68c812b08ba7584af72f3c0cfd74b79874b5a43b4836g.jpg

dodgy said:
GDCarrington said:

What's doin GD,

Thought you might be interested in maybe adding this old thing to your arsenal. Never been used with the dummy blade still loaded. Comes with 4 interesting looking adjustable carts.

It's yours for oh let's see........, how's $15 with shipping included. No problem if you wanna skip it, but figured I'd at least ask.

Martin

Martin, you sure are tempting me...
I have used those carts. They somewhat adjust but I use the mild side of them anyway.

Lovely shots there, gents, from all of you.

Thursday late evening, after a 90 min. fast walk:

Feather SS with Feather Pro (#1)
Semogue 2011 LE boar 55mm loft
Valobra stick
Santa Maria Novella crema pre/dopo barba

A very close shave, two passes, but not an enjoyable one. For some reason I do not seem to enjoy the shaves here so far. The water seems ok, but may be it is the rotation DE/Feather SS I'm doing; or perhaps the fact that I've not shaved with a traditional straight for more than 2-3 weeks now...

The SMN did a terrific job there, I have to give it a mention. Woke up this am and my face was smooth and soft...

Back
Top Bottom