Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Simpsons Chubby 1 in super
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau de parfum.

Jamie.

Super shave BBS. took the dog for his early morning stroll 6am usual, very cold just started snowing.

003.jpg

IMG_0268-1.jpg

Saturday, December 10. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick G1
Blade: Schick
Soap: MWF
Brush: SIMPSONS WEE SCOT
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5 (Face Lather Today)
[attachment=3954]

Attachments

• Photo0978.jpg
    Photo0978.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 21
Saturday

Razor: Unbranded German Shoulderless
Strop: Jeltz Original
Brush: Simpson 57
Soap: Nanny's Ice & a Slice
flhc7t.jpg

Awesome shave, It is my wife's birthday today but a work day for me so the kids will be waiting on her all day (well we can dream).
My 1st use of a Nanny soap and I was very pleased with it. Our tap water is hard and plays havoc with soaps so I'm really quite impressed with how well it lathers. I shall use a slightly wetter brush next time but it was a very stable lather and the menthol "kick" was just right on this frosty morning.

Prep: Hot shower + Proraso (head)
Brush: Geo F Trumper/Simpson, Polo 14
Razors: Max Sprecher + GEM Junior
Super lather: Cade + Muhle cream
AS cologne: Fonex, Malibu
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Clean as bowling ball :D

One of the best shaves in a long time and I've had a few really good ones recently :D Brush's insane, I needed double the amount of product compared to my Chubby 2, but this lather was perfect, both very good cushion and slip effect! This was a long and lazy weekend shave with a very nice cup of coffee to go with it :D
002800x569.jpg

005800x652.jpg

Saturday

Semogue 2011 LE Boar 2
Le Grolet 6/8
Vintage Old Spice Shaving Mug Soap
Floid Blue Aftershave
Bulldog Aftershave Balm

I don't know how old this old spice soap is but what a lather it produces and there is a little bit of scent still left in it.A superb shave today.

Mark

Saturday

Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna cream
Merkur 39c
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Alum
Nivea ASB
Pinaud Clubman splash

Fantastic shave this morning, one of the best I've had in a while, comfortable and smooth. Just goes to show it pays to take your time.

N_Architect said:
Good morning.

Feather SS with Feather Pro (#1)
Palmolive
Semogue 2011 LE boar 2
Aqua Velva
Santa Maria Novella pre/dopo
Amouage Reflection

Have a great weekend.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.524746,129.428382

Cracking bloom on the Semogue K. It looks a lovely brush.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row #204 flopmeister badger
1958 Executive/Personna74 (NOS)
CF lime SC (jeeez, this stuff is pretty damn good)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
St Johns Bay Rum cologne

Dialing down the razor properly for this blade is all that's needed to turn the Personna into something magical. Yeah, I can see this one maybe being a little too sharp in some other, more aggressive razors of mine.

Really an effortless shave with almost zero pressure at all needed, which is rare. Very wonderful blade...whew.

BBS results,

Martin

Merkur 38R with 1958 Gillette Super Thin blade
Gillette Old with Berkeley carbon steel blade
Gillette Fatboy on 4 with Polsilver

Well unwrapped a fresh 63-year-old Super Thin blade and loaded into stubble plougher heavy Merkur. Got through most of it but struggled on second pass to get any closer. That was probably about it.
The Berkeley blade had been used once before (for a review) and this managed a pass ok and brought the stubble down a fair bit more to a point where it was acceptable but not close. Then it started skipping...
Finally finished with the Polsilver in the Fatboy. This is the fourth shave this blade has seen and it got me the result I wanted.
6 passes in all!! Decent enough shave, only a little soreness.

Disappointed with the vintage Super Thins. not good enough for one full shave for me.

NotTheStig said:
Merkur 38R with 1958 Gillette Super Thin blade
Gillette Old with Berkeley carbon steel blade
Gillette Fatboy on 4 with Polsilver

Well unwrapped a fresh 63-year-old Super Thin blade and loaded into stubble plougher heavy Merkur. Got through most of it but struggled on second pass to get any closer. That was probably about it.
The Berkeley blade had been used once before (for a review) and this managed a pass ok and brought the stubble down a fair bit more to a point where it was acceptable but not close. Then it started skipping...
Finally finished with the Polsilver in the Fatboy. This is the fourth shave this blade has seen and it got me the result I wanted.
6 passes in all!! Decent enough shave, only a little soreness.

Disappointed with the vintage Super Thins. not good enough for one full shave for me.

That is why, whenever I receive any old Vintage Super Thins, they are used as props and not as usable razor blades.

Back
Top Bottom