SOTD: Saturday May 13 - Friday 19 May 2023.

SOTD 20230518 India by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Heinrich L. Thäter 49125/1, Silberspitze Dachs 3-streifen, 24x50x101mm
  • Soap: Shavologist Jaipur Oud
  • Razor: FrankenRazor PP1489
    Edwin Jagger DE89 / Maggard Razors MR14
    Zamak, Aluminium, 12x41x100mm, 56g (29/27)
  • Blade: Vidyut Metallics Pvt Ltd Super-Max Diamond Edge #1
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
o6dn9Od.jpg

Full size: 1200x600px
Soundtrack: The Hot Sardines - Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen

IMG_0083.jpegHow the days fly by. I missed posting for a couple of days, still shaved though so here’s my catch up and today.
Tuesday 16th.
Gillette Slim adjustable and just as fine a result as my previous shaves with the Fat Boy and Super Black Beauty all using same 7oclock Sharp Edge.
Wednesday 17th.
Rex Ambassador also using the same 7oclock blade. Heavier than the Gillettes, modern precision engineering manufacturing. Fine result, but better than the Gillettes :unsure: I’m not sure. Still it’s a lovely razor and a pleasure to use.
Thursday 18th
Continuing the adjustable theme this morning saw the Mercur progress in use, also using the 7oclock blade. However, just to vary my approach I decided to start with the YNR shavette, no I don’t know why either :unsure: it just took my fancy. Gillette half blade made short work of stubble wtg. I then ran with the Mercur for atg and pick ups. Result excellent, and an early morning smile from me for daring to be different.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0083.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0082.jpeg

Hope you had a great day P. :) - cheers - I.

Happy belated Birthday!

Happy belated birthday P.

Thursday 18th May
Schick G1 - Schick Plus Platinum #5 - Wickham Gothic Revival - RazoRock Plissoft - Brut Original AS - Wickham Gothic Revival Balm
IMG-20230515-151412-01.jpg

Belated birthday wishes @Paul L

Happy belated birthday @Paul L

Many happy returns! I overlooked that

Thank you all gentlemen you are all very kind.

Unfortunately, my day, (while at work) was not happy.
Technical issues caused a nearly two hour delay, and my afternoon was spent digging a 200 metre long trench, installing weld mesh, and back-filling . . . . .all to keep furry creatures out of an Amazon fulfillment centre!!

I'm now off work for 11 days. Myself and Mrs L are to spend 7 nights in Combe Martin - Roll on Saturday!!

Last edited:
Wednesday 17th May - Birthday Shave

Lather • Penhalligons Endymion Cream
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai CT Pink (2)
Post • Boots No7 Balm
Scent • Penhalligons Endymion Cologne

Belated birthday greetings....I hope you had a wonderful day.

Last edited:
Thank you all gentlemen you are all very kind.

Unfortunately, my day, (while at work) was not happy.
Technical issues caused a nearly two hour delay, and my afternoon was spent digging a 200 metre lomg trench, installing weld mesh, and back-filling . . . . .all to keep furry creatures out of an Amazon fulfillment centre!!

I'm now off work for 11 days. Myself and Mrs L are to spend 7 nights in Combe Martin - Roll on Saturday!!
It’s nice along the North Devon coast with Lynton/Lynmouth and the sweeping beach at Woolacombe favourites.(y)

SOTD 18-May
20230518_075216.jpg
Brush: Highlander M7
Soap: NO Logbook
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Gillette Super Thins

Wonderful shave this morning, unfortunately I realised too late that it was a departure from the Milky-May, I'm not sure coconut milk really counts!

Either which way it was an excellent start to the day, smooth and smelling good.

Hope everyone has had a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Thursday AM 2023-05-18
'Dracula' by Bram Stoker was published on this date in 1897
ZKDT20f.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Horn Finest (22/48)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Darwin Copper
Iridium Super (12)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)

Final use of this excellent old soap, and the aftershave is almost gone too. "Everything has to come to an end, sometime." -L. Frank Baum, The Marvelous Land of Oz
y9hoQK9.jpg

18/05/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 20 (6).JPG
Forgot to post this mornings shave.