SOTD: Saturday May 13 - Friday 19 May 2023.

View attachment 105984
Henson AL 13 - Treet carbon Classic - Omega silvertip - Cella - Williams Aqua Velva Spanish - DVH balm. TF Oud Wood edp.

After the outstanding posts earlier by @Nearsmooth & @ATG - it had to be a colour day. :)

#normalserviceresumed #thankfcku

- I.
Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

aNiyjJC.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: TroyCraft Sapphire Amphora 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alt Innsbruck Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

Very enjoyable shave. The Alt Innsbruck and Boellis Panama scents match beautifully.

Friday 19 May

The Angle, by Morrama, not the most inspiring name for a razor, is a quirky little shavette that I picked up a while back, an impulse buy at a time when I had only ever used safety razors :eek: Like others of the type it takes a half snapped DE blade. This time Gillette 7 o’clock Super Platinum. Applied the RazoRock xXx soap which has a subtle pleasant scent and lathers easily even in our hard water, in fact it seemed too watery on first application. After working it a bit I got shaving. The Angle razor is very light aluminium, has very little blade on show and as a result I feel it would benefit from a bit more heft otherwise requires pressure to get it cutting. Maybe a Brass Version, a la Razorine?
Still haven’t mastered the technique of close shaving around my chin with a shavette so resorted to my Mercur cartridge razor for final polish and pick ups.
Result was a very good close shave and only a few minor weeps from the Mercur.
Have a fine Friday evening fellas!

IMG_0084.jpeg

SOTD 20230519 India by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Hajamat Moisturizing Shaving Soap Intense Oud Refill
  • Razor: FrankenRazor PP1489
    Edwin Jagger DE89 / Maggard Razors MR14
    Zamak, Aluminium, 12x41x100mm, 56g (29/27)
  • Blade: Vidyut Metallics Pvt Ltd Super-Max Diamond Edge #2
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan

17-05-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Wolfman WR2 Ti OC 1.45, Wizamet (# 10) :: Druida Seven Caramel Stripes :: Martin de Candre, Original :: Institut Karitè :: Myrsol, Agua balsámica

94vjoXz.jpg

18-05-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Wolfman WR2 Cu OC 1.45, Wizamet (# 11) :: JiM Creative Shaving :: Santa Maria Novella :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Protetivo :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba

NEALhKk.jpg

19-05-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Blackland Blackbird Titanium Satin Lite, Wizamet (# 12) :: Morris & Forndran, Lapislazuli :: Barrister & Mann, Marilyn :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Pelli Sensibili :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba Barbe Dure

muGCJMr.jpg

Salut!

20230519_185418.jpg

I didn't really need another shave TBH after yesterday's R41 shave.
That being said my two Highlander brushes arrived today, so there was no way on gods green earth was I not going to road test one of them.
So as you can see I opted for a full Leaf line-up and a fantastic take on Brute aftershave with The End soap and splash.
@gile really does make a smashing brush and when it was on my face applying lather, it felt like I was being kissed by playboy bunnies.
Lovely.
Sorry I don't post often but my gear is pretty much the same and the photos would just give you all a feeling of deja vu.
I now have two amazing new brushes, I smell fantastic and the wife's already heading out the door to escape so gotta run and have an amazing evening everyone.

View attachment 106016

I didn't really need another shave TBH after yesterday's R41 shave.
That being said my two Highlander brushes arrived today, so there was no way on gods green earth was I not going to road test one of them.
So as you can see I opted for a full Leaf line-up and a fantastic take on Brute aftershave with The End soap and splash.
@gile really does make a smashing brush and when it was on my face applying lather, it felt like I was being kissed by playboy bunnies.
Lovely.
Sorry I don't post often but my gear is pretty much the same and the photos would just give you all a feeling of deja vu.
I now have two amazing new brushes, I smell fantastic and the wife's already heading out the door to escape so gotta run and have an amazing evening everyone.
Thanks mate. Hope you're going to enjoy them as much as I did making them.

It's a Friday. It is the last day of the week for this past week of SOTD's. It is time to say 'For my last entry for this week of SOTD's, I present you with my shave themed, 'Sir. I hang to the left and you have made me a pair of right willied trousers'

20230518_162053.jpg

Down the middle - Tatara Nodachi dark
Left or right handed? - Polsilver Lodz
Generous trousers - Yaqi Dandelion
Both ways? - Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet
You have two? - Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet EDC

'And what do you think I do on a Friday night boys?'

Started off using the Hawk V3 before realising I don't have any AC blades over here in Yorkshire. How crap am I?
'It says here, very crap'

So shrink the razor a bit, head for a DE and the dark Nodachi it was. And what a great choice. A superbly smooth and happy shave. It's a pity the scent from the soap lasts as long as the EDC which is about five minutes. How do I know five minutes? Ask Mrs Satanfriendly.

Overall a fantastic shave with a great grin value finish.

It only takes me to end with some puffyshoes as I know how much you love them. Less than how much I love you all. From their 'Finally the Weekend' album.....

Have a great one

Back
Top Bottom