SOTD: Saturday May 13 - Friday 19 May 2023.

SOTD 19-May
20230518_145204.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: NO Joker
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Super Thin (3)

Very pleasant shave, smooth and easy finish.

It was a forgone conclusion that was going to pick up the first in the playing card series even though I wasn't sure of the scent description. I saw citronella and thought at least if I don't like it then it might stand a chance at keeping the mozzies away (they bloody love me). Luckily it was actually very nice, I felt like I picked up on the sandalwood quite quickly, which is odd that my nose could pick up anything. It seems it shares some similarities with firefighter and logbook, at least to me.

I imagine this won't receive the almost universal revulsion that hit the recent Batters Up.

Smelling good and ready for the day, hope everyone has a cracking one.

Cheers

Marc

Decent enough shave with a blade I haven't used for a long time. Quite sharp but also a bit of heat to the face. I'll try it with another razor and/or soap and see how I get on.
I was going to use a modern Nacet today and despite buying 50 of them a few months ago I cannot find them! Other blades I bought at the same time I sitting neatly and obediently in the usual places. Very odd.
No doubt I will stumble upon them when looking for something non-shaving related in 2027!
Despite the hint of burnt plastic I still keep using the Wars Fresh. I wouldn't buy it again but for some reason I keep using it?!

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless "Green"
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: 3P
Aftershave: Wars Fresh https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/646730f17561cd6e4045c252

19 May

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Semogue SOC Taj
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernian splash

AE1A1937-E16C-4239-94B6-9712792E3C57.jpeg
A fabulous Friday shave, close and exceptionally comfortable, but, completely let down by the brush. It created a good lather for the first pass which then proceeded to die before the second, surprising as I thought this brush was beginning to behave. A return to the soap produced enough lather for three more shaves. I’m really starting to dislike this brush, it may be heading for that short trip to the bin!

@Nearsmooth
My SOC can be a bit of a lather hog sometimes. Before you give up on it, maybe try a deep clean. You'd think with all the soap and rinsing, it would look after itself but they do benefit from a blast in white vinegar dilution 50:50 every so often.

I'm going to do mine again today, following the advice on Agent Shave's website.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock – yellow (2)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

Like a Lego piece, everything just fits together. Razor's mildness + the blade's sharpness = a perfect combo.
Matching scentless software, great post shave feel.
Wishing you all a happy weekend ahead.

SOTD.jpg

19/05/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Martin De Candre Original
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 20 (7).JPG
That'll do, very nice indeed.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

@Nearsmooth
My SOC can be a bit of a lather hog sometimes. Before you give up on it, maybe try a deep clean. You'd think with all the soap and rinsing, it would look after itself but they do benefit from a blast in white vinegar dilution 50:50 every so often.

I'm going to do mine again today, following the advice on Agent Shave's website.
Thanks for the tip @hotmetal I’ll certainly give that a go before giving up!

19 May

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Semogue SOC Taj
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernian splash

View attachment 105974
A fabulous Friday shave, close and exceptionally comfortable, but, completely let down by the brush. It created a good lather for the first pass which then proceeded to die before the second, surprising as I thought this brush was beginning to behave. A return to the soap produced enough lather for three more shaves. I’m really starting to dislike this brush, it may be heading for that short trip to the bin!
My SOC Cherrywood is exactly the same, no problem with some soaps but struggles with others, that’s why I only give it an infrequent run out. PIF it on the forum if you can’t abide it.

SOTD 20230519.
F4vR7lH.jpg

Proraso "Azur Lime" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
Proraso "Azur Lime" shaving cream.
Rockwell 6S R5 only / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Polsilver Stainless (2).
Proraso "Azur Lime" ASB.
My 1250 (a Semogue boar too) was perfectly soft after a month.
The SOC is not as soft as the 1250 after 3 weeks or so - needs more shaves ...

SOTD 19-May
View attachment 105972
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: NO Joker
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Super Thin (3)

Very pleasant shave, smooth and easy finish.

It was a forgone conclusion that was going to pick up the first in the playing card series even though I wasn't sure of the scent description. I saw citronella and thought at least if I don't like it then it might stand a chance at keeping the mozzies away (they bloody love me). Luckily it was actually very nice, I felt like I picked up on the sandalwood quite quickly, which is odd that my nose could pick up anything. It seems it shares some similarities with firefighter and logbook, at least to me.

I imagine this won't receive the almost universal revulsion that hit the recent Batters Up.

Smelling good and ready for the day, hope everyone has a cracking one.

Cheers

Marc
Top Shave looks a proper treat:cool:.
Glad the N.O. Joker is a decent addition I'm looking forward to receiving mine (y)
Cheers...

19/5/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - MWF/Kent
Brush - ApShaveCo 22mm SynBad
Razor - Gillette Rocket HD
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword Brazil (6)
Post - Effect Cucumber
AS - La Rive Brutal Classic

IMG_20230519_131944.jpg

The Brazilian Wilkinson Sword is past it's best but was smooth enough for good results in 2 passes in the slightly more efficient Rocket HD, a fantastic razor. It mowed down 3 days worth of growth for a good finish.

Anyway gents, have a good Friday.

Also. RIP Andy Rourke

Back
Top Bottom