SOTD: Saturday May 13 - Friday 19 May 2023.

SOTD: 13th May 2023.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 49.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 94R. (Face) - Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Gillette guard. (Head/Dome)- (D2)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Davidoff Cool Water ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...

The Ach Brito Mogno soap produced a slick protective lather in a short space of time leaving a superb post shave feel...Another soap which I need to add to my soap rotation and use more regularly.

Another comfortable 3 pass +pick ups DFS near BBS head/dome shave from the Gillette guard mowing through seven days worth of hair with ease. My rekindled fondness for this one blade cartridge razor grows with each outing. My head feels dolphin smooth with no irritation or cuts.

The Vidyut/Super-max SS paired up with the hefty 94R wonderfully feeling smooth & efficient.

Another enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SotD-13/05/23.

Looking through one of the drawers this morning found something that I've not used for over a year. Totally forgot all about this razor. The Merkur 34G.

What a great little razor it is, Super smooth close 2 pass shave. Everything was spot on today.
Baby smooth & smelling devine .

Pre: - Hot Shower & Steamed Towel
Razor: - Merkur 34G
Blade: - Lord Silver Star (New)
Brush: - AP Shave 'Disco' G5C (28mm)
S&S: - A&E Cherry Pie
EdP: - T.F. Lost Cherry

Happy Shaves To All Enjoy Your Weekend ❤️.

20230513_084706.jpg20230513_084945.jpg20230513_085135.jpg20230513_085441.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt230513judan.jpg

- WestMan Clichê
- DSC "Barber Pole" Silvertip
- Alpha Outlaw M with custom handle and Sputnik blade
- Speick aftershave lotion

:D

13/05/23
Shavette Saturday
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 20 (1).JPG
A very nice bit of sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Saturday13 May
I blinked yesterday and felt that I had somehow missed summer and it was winter. Thermal vest day down here In the Deep South.
However, whatever the weather, for me the day is always made brighter with a good shave. Today, no exception. Still using my Tabac LEA concoction and gave a NOS old badger a whirl. I’m guessing as it’s stamped West Germany that it dates from 1980s, the bristle tips are a bit rough. Nevertheless, it lathered well and the Gibbs 15 homage complete with a 7o’clock super platinum 4x did the business in two passes plus minor pick ups. Man Cave SP20 moisturiser and my face feels super smooth. Bliss!
The day beckons, but first :coffee: ;)
Have a relaxing weekend fellas

IMG_0077.jpeg

PXL_20230513_085012458~2.jpg
May 13. 2023.

Razor - Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade - Wilkinson Sword - Brazil
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Brush - Alpha - T-400 badger fan
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Citron Citron - Miller Harris EDP

A pleasing shave today, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and I'm using one of my all time favourite razor's, fitted with a Wilkinson sword blade, one of my favourite soaps and a beautiful brush, what could go wrong!
Absolutely nothing :)
The shave was mild yet efficient, the La Savonnire du moulin was whipped into a creamy lather with the aid of the lovely Alpha - T400 and the shave left me with a super smooth finish and skin feeling soft and supple, perfect!
It's going to be a warm one today so a spray here and there with the lovely citrus burst that is Citron Citron, by Miller Harris.

Enjoy your weekend chaps, until the next time,

Paul.

Sat 13th

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: stirling piacenza
Splash: stirling piacenza
Balm: stirling piacenza
Edt: stirling piacenza

Bowl: captains choice obsidian
Brush: PAA starcraft
Razor: karve stainless OC-D
Blade: Gillette nacet 3rd use

Morning folks had a great shave this morning went for a nice fresh clean scent and choose piacenza from stirling went the full set and some edt to finish up great nice fresh and clean scent with a great lather also the karve and the nacet work brilliant when paired and the starcraft is the perfect size for the captains choice bowl
Have a great weekend
20230513_104949.jpg20230513_105121.jpg20230513_105408.jpg20230513_105359.jpg

SOTD 20230513 PPostions by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Bat71 Cashmere
    Olive Wood, Abalone Shell Inlay, Yaqi SK07 aka Maggard Beige, 24x50x115mm
  • Software: Seven Potions Full Shave Kit
    Preshave Oil Pure Equilibrium | Shave Cream | Postshave Balm
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #21
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan

PXL_20230513_111145507.jpg
pretty good, comfortable head shave this sunny morning. the windows were open and it feels like summer is on the way now.

the arko sensitive/lavender is lightly scented but really nice and fresh and performance is great. I used too much so kept adding water to get it slicker. will try less cream and more water next time.

liking the little light 70s tech more each time I use it. mild but does well with a sharp blade. looking forward to tech june.

not sure about the shark platinums yet. I didn't get on with shark stainless at all a few years ago. I could only get one shave out of them and had to be careful since they were rough. these were sent to me in error and the seller from on here generously told me not to send them back so I'll give them a try in a few razors.

the tech seems to make most blades work ok so not a good test. might be that these are different than the normal sharks or could be my technique has improved but we'll see how they do in a more aggressive razor.

Last edited:
20230513_171533.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Executive Shaving Outlaw (Regular)
Blade - Shark SS
Brush - Omega Boar
Cream - Proraso Red
Splash - Proraso Red

Quite a bit for the Outlaw to get through today:

20230513_171627.jpg

And the first time I've tried loading the two Proraso Red products after (hopefully) ruling them out from irritating my skin.

20230513_171737.jpg

The razor got me nice and smooth in two passes. Loads of blade feel and very noisy, but it's not as hard as it thinks. No stinging at all from either the alum or the AS.

20230513_174404.jpg

Back
Top Bottom