SOTD: Saturday May 13 - Friday 19 May 2023.

SOTD 20230517.
WlrGt7b.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
Semogue SOC.
OUMO Brush "Soul" shaving soap.
iKon X3 / custom handle.
MEM SuperSilver Platinum (3).
Figaro after shave eau de toilette gel lotion.

Sotd-17-05-23.png

ATT SE1 - Proline - Omega silvertip - Cella - Cien Aqua & DVH balm.

Pish! Just as poor as the previous shave with the SE1 - it feels clumsy, lacking in finesse, over-sized and - just - horrible. Three passes for a barely socially acceptable shave - anything further was risking taking off the top layer of my epidermis. Might be the blade I guess but I've never had a dodgy Proline before. On the upside - a big thanks to @hotmetal for reminding me of the red Cella tub - I haven't used it for years - a big marzipan chunk of my shaving youth right there - this is a tallow version so skin care is excellent for me - still great to use. The refurbished Omega brush and Cella - something just right about that - they can stay on the top-deck for a while. Unlike the razor. :)

Saludos a todos - I.

@shaunwistow

Last edited:
8050132a-950b-46af-8847-2d3a73d5b1e9-jpg.1655779

Maggard Slant w/GWS ( Indian ) blade
Vulfix Grosvenor brush
Proraso pre
Stirling Tangerine soap
Clubman Vanilla AS

I mixed the lather a little wetter today and was rewarded with a smooth and comfortable shave. This razor/blade combo sits in an excellent place for me for efficiency and comfort. I left the shave with a BBS.

mC5PN1i.png

Wednesday Afternoon Shave 05.17.23
RAZOR: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Ever-Ready Faux Ivory 18mm Silvertip Badger
LATHER: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Soap
POST: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershavr Lotion

I used a GII style Wilkinson Sword II (slide on twin blade cartridge) a few months back and got a really close shave, but only had two cartridges. Recently scored a bunch of these on ebay and decided to open one of the NOS packs to use from time to time.
An excellent shave. Very close, smooth, and finished off with the cooling lavender sensitive version of the Arko balm. I've had this for a few years and it has finally been used up. Probably the best of the Arko balms I would say.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Unknown Gold and Wood GII style razor handle (three piece assembly)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword II cartridge
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: 3P
Aftershave: Arko Balm https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/646525037561cd6e4045c125

IMG_1653.jpeg
SOTD: 17/05/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 8th use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Vetimore Shaving Butter Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EdP

A last few days to get a run out with the Oren before it returns to @Mike Smart, (unless he can be bought or bribed!) and it was sublime! If anyone has one they’d be happy to move on do let me know!
Enjoy what’s left of the day guys.

Back
Top Bottom