SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

Wednesday 15th March
Schick E-Type 3D - Schick Proline B #1 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Bay Rum - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel
rtUfU4g.jpg

Plus for your entertainment, another E-Type
xua2cxl.jpg
If I can please ask - where are 3d printed razors to be bought? Or did you do it at home?

Thanks, Richard

If I can please ask - where are 3d printed razors to be bought? Or did you do it at home?

Thanks, Richard
Thanks for the question Richard.

The Schick E-Type shown above is the work of Roger Quintero, aka SlimGem from the US. He generously gifted me the razor, plus a few more of his printed designs.
He doesn't post on TSR, however over on ATG there is a 3D thread on which Roger has contributed.
Roger has also released some of his shaving designs on Thingiverse, of which are available to be 3d printed:

SOTD 15-Mar
20230315_084510.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: AE The Novelist
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Wizamet (1)

Cracking shave, shifted on to the alt Wizamets I picked up (Zyletek not noted on the pack), there was no real intent in my selection I just felt like trying some random blades. Haven't looked into the differences and at this point I don't care, the shave was incredibly smooth. I had to check that I'd actually loaded one, I do hope I don't end up preferring these to my standard GSBs as I'm fairly well stocked on that side!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

15 March

PAA Future Fiction
Simpson Duke 3
Karve Christopher Bradley
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm

0EB5596C-D8FE-4420-BC96-05A129C29562.jpeg
This morning the brass Karve with a D plate, a new Feather blade and a wonderful lather was no match for yesterday’s aluminium ATT SE1 and not very new Schick blade. Yesterday the shave was closer. I think I’ll try an EJ tomorrow.

Last edited:
15/03/23
Vintage Wednesday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 Pure Bristle 1950's
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 USA
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 11 (5).JPGWk 11 (5a).JPG
A really good, slick lather mixed in the Brass bowl with the Gibbs - Vulfix combo easily enough for the shave.
The first couple of strokes with the newish blade in the USA 1912 felt a bit rough, it did improve a little during the shave, so hopefully this will continue. I ended up completing 2 passes with touch-up here and there. The final rinse off gave me some indication of how close this shave had been so a very rare rub of alum was required.
A nice post shave routine finishing with a good splash of Floïd SE which did not give a lot of indication although there are a couple of areas where it did fire up.
I will use the rubber band on the blade the next time to change the blade angle.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Edit:- post updated due to Dave's info.

Last edited:
Wed 15
Soap & Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
This soap & the matching splash scent is very good. The lather whip-up by the awesomely soft badger is absolutely creamy and slick...For the past few days, all my razors are stropped on the Kangaroo leather and today's shave with this razor was very nice...2 smooth and keen passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230315_134713.jpg

15/03/23
Vintage Wednesday
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 USA Mahogonite
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
View attachment 102423View attachment 102424
A really good, slick lather mixed in the Brass bowl with the Gibbs - Vulfix combo easily enough for the shave.
The first couple of strokes with the newish blade in the USA 1912 felt a bit rough, it did improve a little during the shave, so hopefully this will continue. I ended up completing 2 passes with touch-up here and there. The final rinse off gave me some indication of how close this shave had been so a very rare rub of alum was required.
A nice post shave routine finishing with a good splash of Floïd SE which did not give a lot of indication although there are a couple of areas where it did fire up.
I will use the rubber band on the blade the next time to change the blade angle.
Mahogonite was a Bakelite unbreakable case
Screenshot_20230315-090729.png

C01277AA-C22A-44BC-9096-9B67460E5C55.jpeg
Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (9)
Brush: Kent AP8 Silvertip
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Bodyshop Maca Root & Aloe
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

Sublime

Wed 15th March

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
La Toja - stick grated
ATT SE1
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

Apart from initially getting the brush too wet, I really enjoyed using the grated down La Toja. Perhaps put another stick in the bowl, as it delivers a nice Lather and smells good.I really enjoyed shaving with just a days growth to deal with, rather than leaving it 3days between Shaves.

43CAC434-B0EA-4265-9447-81A3EEA0C56B.jpeg

15/03/23
Vintage Wednesday
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 USA
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
View attachment 102423View attachment 102424

Edit:- post updated due to Dave's info.
Ride the cap, ditch the rubber band, show us the top of that razor case! Vintage is the new cool.

K0ORMWG.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: TroyCraft 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Lea Sensitive Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Penhaligon's Castile EdT

Back
Top Bottom