SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

SOTD 15 March 2023

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Signature Soap - Valentia.
Brush: Blackland Signature (Synthetic).
Razor: Seygus Zepplin V2 0.5/0.7.
Blade: Personna Platinum Blue (day 5).
EDC: Trumper's Havana.

SOTD (2).jpg

My birthday treat (last week) was a Seygus Zepplin V2 0.5/0.7. Since Wednesday, last week have been playing about with different blades; for the moment, with this razor, I have settled with the Personna Platinum Blue. This Zepplin has blown me away (no pun intended) - since the get go, I have been consistently getting DFS+/BBS- finishes, without trying, in 2 passes. I don't understand what effect the curved blade has on performance - but the result is smooth and efficient.

For me (and I appreciate YMMV) the weight of the razor is perfect - the lightest of touches, gives a very smooth and efficient shave. I tend to use the 0.7 side of the razor more often than not. The skin feel after the shave, is one of the best I have experinced. I feel humbled and blessed to have this razor in my collection.

The Signature Soap Valentia is simply devine, in every respect - as is Trumper's Havana - if I may be so bold, both are modern shaving classics.

Enjoy your shaves one and all; take care,

Chris

@Duffers782 ,does the Barber Blue smell like Floid Blue (if you're familiar with that?) or Epsilon Blue Mediterranean which is a homage to Floid Blue?
I wouldn't be able to say for sure as I've never smelt actual Floid blue. It is similar to the Razorock blue barbershop but the Fine one is more floral. Both nice in their own right. Razorock has more menthol, so better for warmer days!
Both are tributes to Floid.

SOTD: 16th March 2023.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Razor: Muhle R41. (2013) - Derby Usta. (D2)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Denim Original ASL. / Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Last use of the Derby Usta.. My reacquaintance with both the Derby premium & Usta throughout the week has been a pleasant surprise. Both blades have performed wonderfully with the efficient R41.

It's been a while since i last used the Omega shaving cream and forgot how much easy it is to create a slick protective lather, with a good kick from the Eucalyptus oil to give my ageing face sensors a vibrant late winter morning wakeup call!

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 16-Mar
20230315_115356.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: Ramblin' Man
Razor: Wolfman Guerilla (New)
Blade: Wizamet (2)

Initial shave with the Guerilla passaround, I'm going to try and leave my impressions as to actual shave after a few go arounds. I don't want to jump to conclusions too soon.

So no comments on shave but I can at least mention the razor itself. It's a surprisingly solid razor, fits together very well and heavier than I was expecting considering the hollowed handle. Not a bad thing as I like heavier, the head is also more compact and manoeuvrable than I thought it would be based on the pics I have seen.

What I'm not keen on though is the finish, it just doesn't do it for me. It just seems rough, not in feel purely in visuals, particularly on the top cap oddly.

We'll see how the shave tomorrow goes, hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Ahem. On behalf of the Shaving Party, this evening we present to you, the shaving nation, today's SOTD themed, 'The Shaving budget 2023'

20230315_194930.jpg

Razors up, beards down - Rocnel SE-P
Blades reduced by 0.56832% - 0.43168% of a Dorco Prime
Brushes to increase - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Lather tax relief - Signature Soaps Novus Spice
Scent duty to rise - Czech and Speake C88

'Get up there love and deliver the best budget they've ever seen'

The OBR (Office of Beard Removal) have forecast over the next year, an increase in beard growth as the rise in shaving cuts begins to bite. Today we have introduced the Rocnel principle which aims to cut blades by 50%(ish) while reducing the actual number of returning weekly shaves. To help ensure we see a positive reduction in facial hair we have introduced a robust three pass test which has been proven to be effective and sound in principle.

It is no good just soaping over matters and simply brushing things under the carpet. What we need to be doing is brushing this soaping thing on faces in an efficient and effective manner. For this we have turned to the Brian Giles method which has proven synergy (wank word!) and quality results.

At the end of the day we aim to keep beard inflation low and avoid an unnecessary increase in laxatives. Beer will remain stagnant and there is something to do with childcare in amongst it all. Don't give your children beer. We are also aiming to maintain the elder generation as fluff free as possible through the introduction of our 'facial awhairness' scheme. And make them work in to their 90's at the same time.

Overall we have seen a smoothing of the face to very good standards and brought happy bunnies to our nation. Well, at least to this particular individual who has met the elasticity of demand by claiming to have a rubbery face.

Thank you and have a good day

Oh, and tax free Japanese ladies for all.....

Thu 16
Soap Smoking Monsters Zen Tea
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershave RazoRock XXX Splash
A superbly rich creamy and very slick lather from this soap + the scent is pleasant too...nicely matched by the splash!
Although cheap looking, this razor continues to provide expensive shaves. Today, after stroping on the Kangaroo leather, had a most delightful 3 silky smooth and softly crisp passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230316_094411.jpg

SotD

Vintage W+R Shaving Brush.
Vintage Kaloderma Shaving Soap.
Vintage Sublim Safety Razor
Vintage Rotbart Blade.
Vintage Blue Tonic After Shave (Lingner Werke, Dresden. Karl August Lingner. In 1892 he also invented the well-known Odol mouthwash)

-
45342871yu.jpg

45342873he.jpg

45342874kg.jpg

Thursday 16th March

Soap • Kraken
Brush • Uomo (?) *Boti Leader Silvertip*
Razor • Riron AC
Blade • Schick Proline P (3)
Post • Kraken Balm

Good close finish, without any errors.
I can't remember what this brush is?
It was an Emporium purchase. @Boycie83 will remember?
The soap was a gift from Chris. It performs well, and the balm seems quite good too.

Last edited:
Thursday 16th March

Soap • Kraken
Brush • Uomo (?)
Razor • Riron AC
Blade • Schick Proline P (3)
Post • Kraken Balm

Good close finish, without any errors.
I can't remember what this brush is?
It was an Emporium purchase. @Boycie83 will remember?
The soap was a gift from Chris. It performs well, and the balm seems quite good too.
It's a Boti Leader Silvertip (bulb). Nice knots.

Thursday March 16, 2023
Razor: Asylum 17-4
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: AKA Brushworx "Never Alone 2"
Soap: Arrefa Shaving Cream "Kentucky Bourbon"
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,592

I bought this razor handle after the debacle at the machine shop that failed to cut the Straight Bar edge properly. The seller kindly included the head that they were refunded for. I use an O-Ring to adjust to get the exposure that was nonexistent and have to say that I get phenomenal shaves with it. I don't know how many shaves on this Wizamet without a lot of digging back in my Journal but just wow great shaves. Such a shame the machine shop dropped the ball somehow.

The Arrefa Shave Cream is a nice product for the price and sports of all things "Badger Tallow" Not sure what that brings to the table over other tallows but it works just fine. I know the Bear Tallow in some of their soaps I enjoy brings some extras to the mix when used but forget what all. It can be found on their website though. This is an okay scent but not one of my favorite Bourbon scented soaps and I do prefer soaps to creams. Honestly if it wasn't for the oddity of the Badger Tallow and use of beer when making, I probably would have moved this on already. All in all a great shave though and ready for a long work day. Have a great day Everyone !!
GqAR5Lt.jpg

oc2rsFu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom