SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

I wonder which one I have then? Just looked at pictures in pamphlet and guessed.
I think that case is supposed to have a 1914 in it.

ever-ready-se-safety-razor-and-case-above-the-tie_957_grande.jpg

First shave with the Pearl Flexi v5 which I picked up from the sorting office today.
Loaded the vintage Polsilver for its second shave and did half a pass on each blade exposure setting.
The razor has quite a heft. It feels well balanced in weight and the knurling is grippy with wet hands.
The fit, build and finish of the razor seems good and the stand is good; I like that the razor stands upright, saving space.

Still sticking with the Londinium but I will probably try something else tomorrow; the only reason would be variety. It may be another Signature soap I have: Leodis!

I'm not convinced by the aftershave. It isn't very strong and the smell isn't very distinct. I will continue to use it but wouldn't purchase it again.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Vintage
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Signature Londinium
Aftershave: M&S Harvard Sandalwood https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6411e89fd581142156d56fdb

Been super-busy with work, upping my marathon training and general other stuff that MrsD needs sorting, so I've been a bit remiss on my SoTD stuff.

Have had some decent shaves though. All with what I would say is my favourite of all of my razors, the flat-bottomed made in England, Tech Set #27, . I loaded it with one of the Bolzano blades on Saturday and have had enjoyable shaves since. Mostly 2 pass plus pick-ups, but I used the Britannia soap and did 3 passes, just because I was enjoying the shave so much.

Today though, I saw the MWF when looking for my Tabac stick and thought I've not given it much love since Fat February, so out it came! 2 passes, sorted.

Attachments

• 20230314_183950.jpg
    20230314_183950.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230315_135942.jpg
    20230315_135942.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230313_095014.jpg
    20230313_095014.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230311_115741.jpg
    20230311_115741.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 8
Been super-busy with work, upping my marathon training and general other stuff that MrsD needs sorting, so I've been a bit remiss on my SoTD stuff.

Have had some decent shaves though. All with what I would say is my favourite of all of my razors, the flat-bottomed made in England, Tech Set #27, . I loaded it with one of the Bolzano blades on Saturday and have had enjoyable shaves since. Mostly 2 pass plus pick-ups, but I used the Britannia soap and did 3 passes, just because I was enjoying the shave so much.

Today though, I saw the MWF when looking for my Tabac stick and thought I've not given it much love since Fat February, so out it came! 2 passes, sorted.
@Duffers782 ,does the Barber Blue smell like Floid Blue (if you're familiar with that?) or Epsilon Blue Mediterranean which is a homage to Floid Blue?

Back
Top Bottom