SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

673785B4-CAE6-4EC3-8E82-7B543BBDC1BB.jpeg
SOTD: 17/03/2023

Razor: Atelier DURDAN La Faulx
Blade: Feather Super Pro, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

Day two and another excellent shave from the La Faulx, my opinion hasn’t changed that much from day one, the unusual head design is actually brilliant, somehow it even manages under the nose, without the bar being an issue. It shouldn’t work as well as it does but it does. A little more focus on the angle and I seemed to get an even smoother result, (though I think the medium plate would be the one for me still). It just seems such an intuitive head design, that it feels like I’ve been using it daily for months without any issue. I really think it’s the measure of a good razor that makes the shaving simple, effective but enjoyable, some razors can unfortunately veer towards being a little souless, it not the La Faulx. It’s just a delight. I’m going to try it with another blade over the weekend just to see if I can get a it little closer.

And as my final entry for this week of SOTD's I herby present you with my shave for this evening themed, '........... I can't bloody remember what the theme was going to be', how does 'Forgetfulness' sound?

20230317_192414.jpg

A shaving thingy - Ikon B1
This that sharp bit? - Wizamet Super Iridium
One of those furry things - Captain Fawcett's
A radio - Kent soap
What stuff? - Pure moisturiser

'And the winner is.... a piece of paper.....and you are?'

Only recently I denied have any MWF, which I don't, but I totally overlooked the fact I have a puck of Kent which was kindly gifted to me by Mr @Digimonkey .Or at least as far as I can remember. Stick it in an empty wooden Kent bowl and hey presto, a bowl of cornflakes!

I thought this stuff was supposed to be the lather which shaving nightmares are made of? This is a lathering dream. Well it would be if I could remember what it was. I'm as thick as pig shit I am.

Ah that was it, just feed this stuff with a fair soaking of water, apply to face and work accordingly. Simple and quick. Before you know it a face full of some of that white stuff. You know looks like whipped cream but tastes Jack shit like it. And even better than a set of instructions for an Airfix kit.

All to be removed by that God Ikon. In this case armed with what turned out to be a pretty shafted Super Iridium. Amazingly not too bad a finish though if not a little rough around the neck, but I can live with it. Better luck next time you old git.

Well it is a Friday, I do need to say, I love you all and you need some puffyshoes to end this week on. Even if you don't need them. You're bloody getting some anyway......

SOTD 17 March 2023

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Gentlemans Groom Room - Essence of Scotland - Mountain Yew.
Brush: Blackland Signature (Synthetic).
Razor: Seygus Zepplin V2 0.5/0.7.
Blade: Astra SP (day 1).
EDC: Trumper's Havana.

sotd (3).jpg

My green theme for St Patrick's day.

A lovely 3 pass shave WTG (0.7), XTG L-R (0.5) and XTG R-L (0.5) - BBS finish with no issue to report. The Zepplin shaved beautifully with the Astra SP.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom