SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

26126DEC-4EC3-4C8C-964A-A81E355BB6D4.jpeg
SOTD: 16/03/2023

Razor: Atelier DURDAN La Faulx
Blade: Feather Super Pro, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter Rawr Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

Passaround shave.
So my first use with the La Faulx and I have to say I’m impressed! The finish is top notch, the weight is relatively light for a stainless steel razor, and the balance seems spot on. The head which on first glance seemed just too big and curved/bent, was actually a revelation! It’s one of those razors that you can pick up and just go with, finding the correct angle is natural and an ease. It has a wide angle of attack and despite playing with the angle throughout the shave there was never any chance of me nicking myself. By the final pass though I had already fallen into the shaving position the head guides you into. For me the finish was excellent and smooth, if a little less close as I’d hope, however I think the new medium plate would make this another excellent SE addition to my den! (Must resist another SE acquisition for the moment!)
Many thanks to @Holyzeus for organising this passaround.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Treet Dura Sharp ( 2 )
Brush = 26 mm High Mountain Badger By Bobby Moffat.
Soap = B&M The Four Horesmen ( Death )
with matching splash
Balm = Clarins Ultra Moisturiser
View attachment 102499Another 10/10 shave today with the last of the Four horsemen series death.
Might be the last but it’s certainly not the least.
Brilliant performing soaps as you would expect from B&M and the scents are very complex similar to DG.
Brilliant really.
I haven’t used this razor in a good few months due to a nugget issue and yes i’m the nugget.
When i emptied one of my toilet bags this razor was in it, i completely forgot i actually took it to Brazil and forgot all about it.
Complete numpty, i was desperate for different gear over there yet this was sitting there hiding in my bag.
I know a lot of people don’t like the 6s saying it’s built like a tank but i like it
in fact it’s possibly the most efficient razor i own,
not the best but defo efficient.
Until Tomorrow
Stay Safe Boys & Girls
Hi Mike, where did you purchase your B&M Four Horsemen soaps (four of) do you know if these can be bought in the UK, Slick Boy's Don't seem to be stocking it!
Anyone else please feel free to chime in, thanks!

Paul.

Hi Mike, where did you purchase your B&M Four Horsemen soaps (four of) do you know if these can be bought in the UK, Slick Boy's Don't seem to be stocking it!
Anyone else please feel free to chime in, thanks!

Paul.
Paul they were a BST buy on here from Marc @Crossan so he’s your port of call my friend.
And i love them all

SOTD 17-Mar
20230315_115537.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: DG Daemon
Razor: Wolfman Guerilla
Blade: Wizamet (3)

Decent shave, wonderful scent, the Mrs really likes this one so glad I managed to hunt down the EDP as well. Cracking lather with an irritation free finish. I'm going to change up tomorrow for a feather or some such blade to see how it handles.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 20230317.
eDf04Fo.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
J&T® ebony / OUMO Brush SHD G5 SYN knot.
LYAXEYKA_73 "#1" shaving soap.
ATT S2 / Stork "Taipan" handle.
Permasharp Super (2).
Clubman Pinaud "Lilac Vegetal" ASL.

After 24hrs to digest the recent shaving budget it is over to the IFS (Institute For Shaving) for their interpretation. Hence this evening we weigh up the shave themed, 'The rising cost of facial hair removal'

View attachment 102502

£1912 - Ever Ready 1912
£100% - GEM
£24mm - Cadman Tuxedo
£2.63inches - The Bath House Orange flower
£6.66 - Floris Elite
'Two pounds of shaving brushes, that'll be......£70,000 please'

In an attempt to reduce the level of bearded twats in the market place the Shaving Party have budgeted an additional £7bn of tax payers money to control facial inflation. In due consideration (by our estimation) we expect an extra 100 smooth faces throughout the general population the fiscal facial term equates to £70m/shave. Based on this we foresee an increase in the ftse 100 index on tonsile related businesses and a massive increase in the prices of their products.

Brian H. Please PM me as I have a great idea for buying an island between us. Or one each if we get this one right.

Did I shave this evening or do I just waffle shite? Indeed I managed both.

Starting with team lather the Tuxedo is just the perfect brush to deliver on a hard soap and the Bath House is just that. And a superb soap with superb qualities in to the mix. I do find I have to add a bit more water than I am used to, but that is the nature of the product.

The 1912? Not a general go to for me but one which always gives me great pleasure in use. Just the idea that I am shaving with a razor pushing 100 years which still delivers shaves as good as any modern item out there makes me happy. And deliver it did. In a most perfect manner. I feel like an antique and in fact I am. But a very nicely clean shaven antique. A bit like @TobyC except British damn it.

Seems sometime since I last posted these girls and this shaves needs an injection of happiness to end on. Over to Pantyhose.....

Reminds me of Peter the Great's beard tax:

Paul they were a BST buy on here from Marc @Crossan so he’s your port of call my friend.
And i love them all
Cheers Mike. :)

Paul.
They were the Halloween release so fairly limited. They were a bit of a disaster IMO and stockists sold them off cheap in the end
Thank you for your response, what a bummer!

Paul.

Any mutterings about whether the blade had gone off or the lather not being up to snuff were the musings of a temporary bad workman questioning his tools. Today the Kai Pink is on its 9th run and I'm still enjoying the potent aroma of Tuscan Oud, applied today with the Omega ovangkol wood boar. Less haste, less heavy handedness, less claret. Error free 3 passes and really I was done at 2 but carried on as I was enjoying it. I know less is more but sometimes you want more more!
Double Tabac today to celebrate Friday. Aftershave for its, er, after shaving properties, and the EdC for some longevity. They don't smell exactly the same but still.
The razor stand is a lid from a previous bottle of Burberry Touch in case anyone was wondering.
20230317_081416.jpg

17 March

SV Felce Aromatica
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

2D11042E-5EA2-449D-9DBD-566CDD05B8B9.jpeg
Now that was a better shave, although, not much closer than the previous two shaves with this blade. The Karve, for me, was the least satisfactory, the EJ the least close and the Tatara the most expensive, but well worth it. Big up the Tatara.

Fri 17
Soap & Aftershave Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Thiers Issard Garanti Frameback 69
This soap's quality is always great and today, with the super plush badger, whip up a storm of lather...richly creamy and slick...
This frameback razor is the only SR I was able to hone to shave ready...lucky I guessed. Today's shave with it was very good after stroping on the Kangaroo leather. Smooth yet keen in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230317_171927.jpg

Back
Top Bottom