SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Treet Dura Sharp ( 2 )
Brush = 26 mm High Mountain Badger By Bobby Moffat.
Soap = B&M The Four Horesmen ( Death )
with matching splash
Balm = Clarins Ultra Moisturiser
View attachment 102499Another 10/10 shave today with the last of the Four horsemen series death.
Might be the last but it’s certainly not the least.
Brilliant performing soaps as you would expect from B&M and the scents are very complex similar to DG.
Brilliant really.
I haven’t used this razor in a good few months due to a nugget issue and yes i’m the nugget.
When i emptied one of my toilet bags this razor was in it, i completely forgot i actually took it to Brazil and forgot all about it.
Complete numpty, i was desperate for different gear over there yet this was sitting there hiding in my bag.
I know a lot of people don’t like the 6s saying it’s built like a tank but i like it
in fact it’s possibly the most efficient razor i own,
not the best but defo efficient.
Until Tomorrow
Stay Safe Boys & Girls
I'm glad you've enjoyed them man, it's a novel set and death is an interesting one. It's supposed to take elements of all the previous ones to make a combined scent. Personally plague and death were my favourite!

Edit to try and make that sentence make some sort of sense, sheesh I must be tired today.

Last edited:
I know what you mean M. - but you may have to introduce non-Scottish members to the phrase? It doesn't involve chickens - which might not be immediately obvious. cf. - bam - roaster - warmer - rocket - screamer et al. :cool::rolleyes: - aye fcuk - I.

@Scotshave
Oh a ken
silly bugger ah.

Remember the advert on the tele
Hey lavy heid your getting it

I'm glad you've enjoyed them man, it's a novel set and death is an interesting one. It's supposed to take elements of all the previous ones to make a combined scent. Personally plague and death were my favourite!

Edit to try and make that sentence make some sort of sense, sheesh I must be tired today.
Thanks mate
I don’t have a favourite as such but in terms of strength War had to be up there,
i could smell the splash the whole night & my wife said she was still smelling it when she does the washing so i suppose that’s a good thing.

Not the scent but her doing a washing
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Thursday 16th March

AMWts8CS7nTk1cxl8IbI1pC-a0Nw20WXtAQw9gvrDGUZuN5ZxpKmc0RcZnvu6V4zrS6HFiCWTSdqGlcjgQ7itBOG7GVEJx12f7ktNH673m0wouQ0r9_bz9pB6XW2PhhPFtMXGDlmwaFJN4XR75BUFY9ETeBYzw=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
LEA Classic Shaving Bowl & HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Blue Sword Platinum
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

Smoother feeling than, say the Racer or the ASCO and more along the lines of the Lord Superior Platinum. It might all be in my head, but it felt more comfortable than immediately sharp. Nice shave, that.

Thur 16th March - straying from the usual.

Omega 11126 boar
Ach Brito Mogno
Schick Super 11 Twin Ultrex disposable ( 1 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Was so busy this morning/ afternoon missed the Shave that I wanted. Then mid afternoon a quirky buy arrived - card of Schick Super 11 disposables, brought them as I liked the Ultrex twin blade.
Just had to try them out so has an early evening Shave. Despite the lightness of the Razor I managed to avoid use of undue pressure, and without a hint of irritation got an amazingly close all round finish. Am wondering how many Shaves I will get from one.

639F7FE9-D6A6-4DCF-A5F0-B4D26226EB62.jpeg

Today's shave, another rapira blade

Gillette 1953 USA Tech
Rapira Platinum Lux
MSC Frosted Lavender
Body Shop Macca Root and Aloe

For me the best Rapira blade of the three I have tried. Smooth, little bit sharper than others and very easy to use and allows a quick 2 pass shave, 1 pass would of done in a pinch so ideal for daily shavers like myself as it's very rare I miss a day.

MSC and macca root balm seem to be a good combination and a pretty refreshing shave.

Will be my top daily blade/razor combo for now at least.

The three Rapira blades I have tried, all are smooth and sharp enough to the job. Easy to get on with and I would imagine would make a great set of blades to try for someone new to DE shaving

After 24hrs to digest the recent shaving budget it is over to the IFS (Institute For Shaving) for their interpretation. Hence this evening we weigh up the shave themed, 'The rising cost of facial hair removal'

20230316_181327.jpg

£1912 - Ever Ready 1912
£100% - GEM
£24mm - Cadman Tuxedo
£2.63inches - The Bath House Orange flower
£6.66 - Floris Elite
'Two pounds of shaving brushes, that'll be......£70,000 please'

In an attempt to reduce the level of bearded twats in the market place the Shaving Party have budgeted an additional £7bn of tax payers money to control facial inflation. In due consideration (by our estimation) we expect an extra 100 smooth faces throughout the general population the fiscal facial term equates to £70m/shave. Based on this we foresee an increase in the ftse 100 index on tonsile related businesses and a massive increase in the prices of their products.

Brian H. Please PM me as I have a great idea for buying an island between us. Or one each if we get this one right.

Did I shave this evening or do I just waffle shite? Indeed I managed both.

Starting with team lather the Tuxedo is just the perfect brush to deliver on a hard soap and the Bath House is just that. And a superb soap with superb qualities in to the mix. I do find I have to add a bit more water than I am used to, but that is the nature of the product.

The 1912? Not a general go to for me but one which always gives me great pleasure in use. Just the idea that I am shaving with a razor pushing 100 years which still delivers shaves as good as any modern item out there makes me happy. And deliver it did. In a most perfect manner. I feel like an antique and in fact I am. But a very nicely clean shaven antique. A bit like @TobyC except British damn it.

Seems sometime since I last posted these girls and this shaves needs an injection of happiness to end on. Over to Pantyhose.....

Are they really called Pantyhose?! LMAO can you imagine being permanently romantically involved with one of them? You'd be a gibbering wreck in a month (don't ask me how I know). I'll stick with Maximö Park 'Girls Who Play Guitar'. British Toby hahaha! I say old boy, where's your Old Type, you cad!

According to my bible of Japanese girly bands that is what they translate as. But they do play guitar, and not too badly for straight chords.

A gibbering wreck? You'd probably be locked up.

SOTD 16 March 2023

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Gentlemans Groom Room - Essence of Scotland - Mountain Yew.
Brush: Blackland Signature (Synthetic).
Razor: Seygus Zepplin V2 0.5/0.7.
Blade: Personna Platinum Blue (day 6).
EDC: Trumper's Havana.

sotd (2).jpg

A wonderful 2 pass shave, WTG (0.7), and XTG (0.5) - devine - the Mountain Yew smells so fresh when you open the lid, it's like stepping outside into the forrest at Rothiemurchus and walking towards the Lairig Ghru.

I feel so blessed to be able to enjoy such fine shaving gear; my skin still feels good some 15 hours after shaving.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom