SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

14/03/23
Tabac Tuesday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac Splash
Wk 11 (4).JPG
A new GEM today, therefore, the Sabre was called into action. For me the Sabre just takes that roughness from a 1st use on a Gem.
A nice easy lather from the SOC BTS and Original Tabac, this boar is breaking in nicely from its 30 plus uses.
2 passes with some pickups on the whirlpools and throat for an easy, comfortable BBS finish.
A nice post shave routine leaving me clean and fresh and smelling all 70's.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Tuesday March 14, 2023
Razor: Schick Type "N" Injector
Blade: Vintage Schick Twin Injector
Brush: Semogue LE/Boar
Soap: WK La Fougère Parfaite
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: WK La Fougère Parfaite Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,590
PHTN1na.jpg

Tues 14th March

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
Cyril Salter Solid soap
ES Claymore V1
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 8 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

As it was one of my first AC/SE Razors I have got used to its weight, though that has been lessened by use of a titanium handle. I get quite smooth and comfortable Shaves with it, and though the blade is ageing the finish quality is pretty good.

9713F70C-D526-4118-9AB3-CA9C65D557CB.jpeg

14 March

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
PAA Peregrino
ATT SE1 Calypso
Schick Proline
Village Barber balm

3E03FFB8-5F32-42D1-B405-DEBA91B9A4ED.jpeg
Third shave in a row with the aluminium SE1 and a great shave each time. Each shave was very close and also very comfortable. The SE1 is a spectacular razor indeed. The lather was equally excellent.

Thought I'd load up one of only a handful of vintage Polsilver Super Iridium blades I have since I have another pack on the way. It's as smooth as the more recent iteration (brown pack with gold stripes) but seems a bit sharper to me. Certainly got an excellent result.

Every day I seem to be reaching for the same soap (and brush) at the moment. A testament to BrianH for sure, especially given the silly number of soaps I have!

Got a 4711 Floral gift set of four fragrances as a birthday gift. The box says rose, jasmine, lilac and lemon but there appears to be the original 4711 in place of the lemon. That bottle is the only one that doesn't mention Floral on the label (also looks original) and it looks and smells just like the original to me. I never really thought of describing the original as Lemon so it could be a mistake when it was packaged.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Vintage
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Signature Londinium
Aftershave: 4711 Jasmine https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6410a5f7d581142156d56fc2

Back
Top Bottom